Tyler S. Grant (b. 23 June 1995, Birmingham, Ala.) is an American student, conductor and composer.
Tyler holds a bachelor's degree in music education at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa. While he has never formally studied composition, he credits his mentors William Owens, Brian Balmages, and Ryan Fitchpatrick as being pivotal to his success as a composer and a conductor.
Grant has written numerous award-winning works for concert bands, marching bands and chamber groups. His band music is regularly found on Editor’s Choice Lists from various international music distributors in addition to being performed by various district and state-wide honor bands. He is the recipient of numerous ASCAP Plus Awards and was recently named a winner in the 2014 “Call for Fanfares” Competition hosted by the Dallas Wind Symphony. He regularly accepts commissions for new works and produces new publications for bands and chamber groups each year. Notable performance venues of his work include: The Midwest Clinic, The Southeastern Trumpet Festival, The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, Walt Disney World (Orlando, Fla.), and numerous state-wide music conventions. He was the youngest composer (at the age of 14) to have his music performed at the prestigious Midwest Band Clinic in Chicago.
In addition to his writing, Tyler enjoys conducting and clinic engagements with ensembles throughout the country. He has contributed interviews to articles in School Band & Orchestra Magazine, The Instrumentalist, and was recently a contributing author in Alfred Music Publishing Company’s Sound Innovations: Ensemble Development series.
He is on the music faculty at Holy Innocents’ Episcopal School in Atlanta, Ga.
Works for Winds
All Wind Works
- Along the Beaches of Normandy (2009)
- Anthem of an Era (2013)
- Ash & Stone (2019)
- at Twilight (2014)
- Banner of the Sky (2018)
- Banshee of the Badlands (2019)
- The Best of Rooms (as arranger) (1963/2017)
- Castle Gate, 1924 (2012)
- Chant and Fire Ritual (2011)
- Downtown Strut (Flex instrumentation) (2021)
- Epic Venture (2015)
- Epic Venture (Flex instrumentation) (2015/2020)
- Fanfare for 'Our Time' (2020)
- Fanfare for Athena (2020)
- From the Concord Chronicles (2016)
- Ghosts of the Lost Ship (2014)
- Housetop Holiday Jam! (as arranger) (2011)
- Illustrations (2013)
- Miles in the Sky (2015)
- Mission: Apollo (2015)
- Paceline (2018)
- Panoramic Fanfare (2014)
- Panoramic Landscapes (2015)
- Resplendent Light (2016)
- River Poem (2019)
- Shimmering Joy (2018)
- Solace in the Equinox (2017)
- Terminal Velocity (2014)
- Winds of Celebration (2012)
- Tyler Grant website Accessed 11 September 2020