Stephen Hill (b. 1958, California) is an American composer, teacher and fly fisherman.
Stephen studied with Philip Westin at Cerritos College from 1976 to 1978, William Francis McBeth at Ouachita Baptist University from 1978 to 1980, and Dr. Byong Kon Kim and William Hill at California State University, Los Angeles from 1980 to 1983.
Stephen taught K-12 band and orchestra classes with Bethany Christian School and Whittier Christian Schools for over 35 years in Whittier, Calif. He currently teaches privately and is the orchestra director for California High School, also in Whittier.
In 2017, Stephen started SARAHTIM Music Publishing, named for his daughter and son for the purpose of making his music available for purchase.
Works for Winds
- Chorale: In Memoriam (1980/2018)
- Chorale Prelude on Veni, Veni Emmanuel (2005)
- "Come and see the wonders..." (2019)
- Divergents (1982)
- Ezekiel's Vision (1979)
- Harmelodic Configurations (2007/2019)
- "...in your splendor ride triumphantly." (2019)
- McBeth (2014)
- On the Morning of the Third Day (1994)
- The Prairie (2007)
- Remembering "Hammersmith" (2020)
- The River (2018)
- "Run in such a way..." (2019)
- Saddle Up! (2016)
- Yozawa (2020)
- Stephen Hill, personal correspondence, November 2017
- Stephen Hill website Accessed 14 November 2017