Difficulty: IV (see Ratings for explanation)
Original Medium: Orchestra
Publisher: United Artists
Cost: Score and Parts – Out of print.
For availability information, see Discussion tab, above.
E-flat Soprano Clarinet
B-flat Soprano Clarinet I-II-III
E-flat Alto Clarinet
B-flat Bass Clarinet
E-flat Alto Saxophone I-II
B-flat Tenor Saxophone
E-flat Baritone Saxophone
B-flat Cornet I-II-III
Horn in F I-II-III-IV
Electric Guitar (optional)
Percussion I-II, including:
- Bass Drum
- Crash Cymbals
- Snare Drum
None discovered thus far.
This medley of music from the movie includes Gonna Fly Now, Going the Distance, Philadelphia Morning, You Take My Heart Away, and Fanfare for Rocky.
- Program Note from publisher
Rocky is a series of American boxing sports drama films. The first film, Rocky (1976), and its five sequels centered on the boxing career of the eponymous fictional character, Rocky Balboa (Sylvester Stallone).
Rocky is a small-time boxer who seems to be going nowhere in life, as he works day-in and day-out as a collector for a loan shark and fights in sleazy clubs for low pay rewards, for which Rocky is mocked and told that he's nothing but a 'bum,' especially by gym trainer Mickey Goldmill (Burgess Meredith). At the same time, Rocky successfully courts Adrian Pennino (Talia Shire), a painfully shy woman with an alcoholic brother, Paulie (Burt Young). But when the world heavyweight champion boxer Apollo Creed (Carl Weathers) chooses Rocky at random as his opponent in a title fight, Rocky realizes he now has the chance to prove that he's not worthless. With Adrian's support and Mickey becoming his trainer and manager, Rocky fights for his self-respect.
- Program Note from Wikipedia
(Needed - please join the WRP if you can help.)
None discovered thus far.
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- Peninsula Symphonic Band (Palo Alto, Calif.) (Ted Henderson, conductor) – 24 November 2019
Works for Winds by This Composer
- Bill Conti’s Famous TV Themes (arr. Kennedy) (2009)
- Fanfare for Rocky (arr. Iwai)
- For Your Eyes Only (arr, Thingnaes) (1998)
- Gonna Fly Now (arr. Iwai) (1976/2008)
- He Man and the Masters of the Universe (arr. Ratnik) (2011)
- North and South (arr. Kabat) (2016)
- The Right Stuff (arr. Barry) (2011)
- Rocky (arr. Lowden) (1977)
- Rookie of the Year (arr. Daehn) (1993/2013)
- Symphonic Suite from "The Right Stuff" (arr. Curnow) (1983/1984)
- Conti, B.; Connors, C.; Robbins, A.; Lowden, R. (1977). Rocky [score]. United Artists Music Publishing Group: Los Angeles, Calif.
- Rocky (film series), Wikipedia Accessed 28 November 2019