(Needed - please join the WRP if you can help.)
None discovered thus far.
Red Sky is a 14-minute work based upon the Big Bang Theory. Commissioned by Professor Brad Kerns and The University of Kentucky Wind Symphony, this work was premiered in October of 2012 and recorded in November of the same year.
According to the theories of physics, if we were to look at the universe one second after the Big Bang, the scientific explanation of how our universe started, what we would see is a 10-billion degree sea of neutrons, protons, electrons, anti-electrons (positrons), photons, and neutrinos.
Red Sky paints a picture of the Big Bang Theory and space, matter and energy, but it also has a deeper meaning: that we are all the same as human beings, and to realize that wherever we are in the world, in this large universe, that we're all connected.
- Program Note by composer
- Audio CD: University of Kentucky Wind Symphony (Brad Kerns, conductor; John Cody Birdwell, trombone) - November 2012
None discovered thus far.
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- University of Wisconsin (La Crosse) Wind Ensemble (Justin C. Davis, conductor; Aaron Wilson, trombone)- 7 March 2020
- Youngstown (Ohio) State University Wind Ensemble (Stephen L. Gage, conductor; Andrew Mitchell, trombone) – 29 January 2020
- Concordia College (Moorhead, Minn.) Band (Peter Haberman, conductor; Nathaniel Dickey, trombone) – 24 November 2019
- Youngstown (Ohio) State University Wind Ensemble (Stephen L. Gage, conductor; Andrew Mitchell, trombone) – 21 November 2019
- Oregon State University (Corvallis) Wind Ensemble (Chris Chapman, conductor; Carson Keeble, trombone) – 23 May 2019
- Northeastern Wind Ensemble (Boston, Mass.) (Allen Feinstein, conductor; Stephen Lange, trombone) – 6 April 2019
- United States Army Band (Arlington, Va.) (Scott McKenzie, conductor; Brittany Lasch, trombone) – 9 March 2019
- Stephen F. Austin State University (Nacogdoches, Tx.) Wind Symphony (David Campo, conductor; Deb Scott, trombone) - 30 April 2018
- Lawrence University (Appleton, Wisc.) Wind Ensemble (Andrew Mast, conductor; Tim Albright, trombone) – 17 February 2018
- University of Georgia (Athens) Hodgson Wind Symphony (Jaclyn Hartenberger, conductor; Josh Bynum, trombone) – 25 October 2017
- Grand Street (New York) Community Band – 19 March 2017
- University of Kentucky (Lexington) Wind Symphony (Randall Coleman, conductor; Scott Hartman, trombone) - 8 March 2017 (82nd Annual ABA National Convention)
- University of North Texas (Denton) Wind Ensemble (Matthew Morris, conductor; Mark Davidson, trombone) – 31 March 2016
- San Francisco Wind Ensemble (Martin H. Seggelke, conductor) – 27 February 2016
- Illinois State University (Normal) Wind Symphony (Martin H. Seggelke, conductor; Mark Babbitt, trombone) - 28 September 2014
- University of Kentucky Wind Ensemble (Bradley Kerns, conductor) - 2013
Works for Winds by This Composer
- Dreamcatcher (2018)
- Elements of Earth (2010)
- Here We Rest (2012)
- Heritage Concerto (2014)
- Invictus (2020)
- Mutiara (2011)
- Red Sky (2013)
- North Star (2016)
- The Tree of Life (2012)
- Anthony Barfield website
- The Horizon Leans Forward..., compiled and edited by Erik Kar Jun Leung, GIA Publications, 2021, p. 253.