Rayburn Wright (27 August 27 1923, Alma, Mich. – 1990) was an American composer and arranger.
In 1959, he opened an Arrangers’ Workshop at the Eastman School of Music. He was head of Eastman’s Jazz Studies and Contemporary Media Programs for many years. He also was chief arranger and co-director of music at Radio City Music Hall in New York City. He also composed music for the prize winning television documentary Saga of Western Man.
Works for Winds
- Red, White, and Brass (arr. John Moss)
- Salute to John Philip Sousa (1989)
- Shaker Suite (adapt. Scatterday) (2009)
- Heritage Encyclopedia of Band Music. "Rayburn Wright." Accessed 30 January 2019
- Rayburn Wright, Wikipedia Accessed 30 January 2019