Randol Alan Bass (b. 1953, Fort Worth, Tx.) is an American composer, singer, and pianist.
Mr,. Bass grew up in Texas studying piano, working in community theater, and singing with local choral ensembles. A longtime student of choral music, Mr. Bass studied at the University of Texas at Austin, the University of Cincinnati College Conservatory of Music, and the Ohio State University’s Robert Shaw Institute. Bass also sings regularly with the Dallas Symphony Chorus and performed as solo pianist with the Coast Guard Academy Band in New London, Connecticut.
His choral and instrumental compositions have been commissioned and performed by numerous ensembles throughout the United States, including the Dallas Symphony Orchestra, the Cleveland Orchestra, the Boston Pops Orchestra, the Tanglewood Chorus, and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
Works for Winds
- An American Celebration (2005)
- Casey at the Bat (2008)
- Champagne and Roses (2002)
- EPCOT Overture (as transcriber) (1996/2006)
- Fanfare pour un Événement Spécial
- Gloria (1990/2011)
- Grand Canyon Suite (as transcriber)
- High Adventure
- Hill Country Fanfare (1975)
- L'Esprit du Tour (2006)
- A New Birth of Freedom (2010)
- The Night Before Christmas (2007)
- Shenandoah (as arranger) (2009)
- Silverado (as arranger) (1985/2008)
- Southwestern Wildflowers (2011)