Quinn Mason (b. 1996, Shreveport, La.) is an American composer and conductor.
Mr. Mason studied composition at Southern Methodist University Meadows School of the Arts with Dr. Lane Harder. He previously studied at Richland College with Dr. Jordan Kuspa, Texas Christian University with Dr. Blaise Ferrandino and with the University of Texas at Dallas's Dr. Winston Stone. He has also worked with distinguished composers David Maslanka, Jake Heggie, Libby Larsen, Robert Xavier Rodriguez and David Dzubay.
His orchestral music has received numerous performances in the United States by the Dallas Symphony Orchestra, San Francisco Symphony, Utah Symphony Orchestra, and many others. His work has been played in Europe by the Orchestra Sinfonica Nazionale della RAI.
Mason has received awards from the American Composers Forum, Voices of Change, Texas A&M University, the Dallas Foundation, the Philadelphia Youth Orchestra, ASCAP, the Heartland Symphony Orchestra, Arizona State University Symphony Orchestra and was also named as a finalist for 2020’s Texan of the Year. He is also a conductor, having studied with Marin Alsop, James Ross, Miguel Harth-Bedoya and Will White, and has guest conducted Orchestra Seattle and the MusicaNova Orchestra.
Works for Winds
- Across a Golden Sky (2019). See also: Of Day and Night
- At Evening (2022)
- August Morn (2016-2017)
- Changes/Transitions (2020)
- Dallas Arts District Fanfare (2016)
- Faster (2016/2017)
- Journeys III
- A Joyous Trilogy (2019/2022)
- Scéne de Notre Dame (2022)
- The Sky Searching Within Itself (2022)
- Soul to Soul (2017/2019)
- Symphony No. 4 (2020)
- The Horizon Leans Forward…, compiled and edited by Erik Kar Jun Leung, GIA Publications, 2021, p. 410.
- Quinn Mason, personal correspondence, February 2021
- Quinn Mason website Accessed 19 February 2021
- University of North Texas Concert Band concert program, 8 November 2017