Purcell Suite, A
Henry Purcell (arr. Boyd)
Cost: Score and Parts - $35.00 | Score Only - $1).00
1. Prelude - 1:54
2. Adagio - 1:41
3. Finale - 1:22
(Needed - please join the WRP if you can help.)
None discovered thus far.
Freely adapted from two works for recorder and continuo, this three-movement musical gem for young band was fashioned by master arranger John Boyd. This arrangement uses nice contrasts in the different wind families.
-Program Note from publisher
- Florida: II
- Louisiana: I
- Maryland: III
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
Works for Winds by This Composer
- Air and March (arr. Gordon) (1955)
- Battle Symphony (arr. Schaefer) (1976)
- Courtly Festival (arr. Gordon) (1961)
- Dido and Aeneas
- Dido's Lament (arr. Jos van de Braak)
- Fanfare and Rondo (arr. Gardner) (1957)
- Funeral Music for Queen Mary (after Purcell) (arr. Stucky) (1992)
- Music for Queen Mary (arr. Garofalo) (1695/1999)
- Music for Queen Mary II (ed. King) (1695/1956)
- Ode on St. Cecelia's Day 1692
- Passing By
- A Purcell Suite (arr. Boyd)
- Rondeau from "Abdelazar" (arr. Farnon) (1695/1988)
- Suite in E-flat Major (arr. Martin) (2010)
- Symphony from "The Fairy Queen," Act IV (arr. Smith) (1692/1957)
- Trumpet Tune
- Trumpet Tune and Air
- Trumpet Tune and Ayre (arr. Barnes) (1988)
- Voluntary on Old Hundreth (arr. Curnow) (/2000)
- Heritage Encyclopedia of Band Music. "Henry Purcell." Accessed 8 January 2015.
- Smith, Norman E. (2002). Program Notes for Band. Chicago: GIA Publications, pp. 489.
- Kreines, Joseph, and Robert Hansbrough (2014). Music for Concert Band: A Selective Annotated Guide to Band Literature. Delray Beach, Fla.: Meredith Music Publications:, pp. 17.