Prelude to Act I of "La Traviata"
Giuseppe Verdi (ed. Falcone)
For further availability information, see Discussion tab, above.
B-flat Soprano Clarinet I-II-III-IV
E-flat Alto Clarinet
B-flat Bass Clarinet
B-flat Contrabass Clarinet
E-flat Alto Saxophone
B-flat Tenor Saxophone
E-flat Baritone Saxophone
Horn in F I-II-III-IV
Euphonium (Bass Clef & Treble Clef)
None discovered thus far.
La Traviata (The Fallen Woman) is an opera in three acts by Giuseppe Verdi set to an Italian libretto by Francesco Maria Piave. It is based on La dame aux Camélias(1852), a play adapted from the novel by Alexandre Dumas, fils. The opera was originally entitled Violetta, after the main character. It was first performed on 6 March 1853 at the La Fenice opera house in Venice.
- Program Note from Wikipedia
None discovered thus far.
- Kansas: IV
- Michigan: Senior High C
- Oklahoma: III-A
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- Iowa State University (Ames) Symphonic Band (Stephen Smyth, conductor) – 15 February 2019
- Michigan State University (East Lansing) Alumni Band – 30 April 2017
- Lone Star Symphonic Band (Katy, Tex.) (Bob Bryant, conductor) - 3 May 2015
- Northern Illinois University (DeKalb) Wind Ensemble (Ronnie Wooten, conductor) - 2014
- Austin Peay State University Symphonic Band (John Schnettler, conductor) - 30 April 2013
Works for Winds by this Composer
- Ah! Fors e lui - Sempre Libera from "La Traviata" (arr. Barrow) (1973)
- Anvil Chorus (arr. McAlister and Graham) (1853/2008)
- Ave Maria volgarizzata da Dante (arr. Hartman) (1880/2019)
- Ballabili (arr. Wil van der Beek) (1847/1865/1997)
- Bolero from "The Sicilian Vespers" (tr. Sousa) (1855)
- Di Quella pira (arr. Hanna) (1853/)
- Excerpts from "Manzoni Requiem" (arr. Mollenhauer) (1869/1874/1965)
- Fanfare from "Requiem" (arr. Decker) (1874/1989)
- Il Balen del Suo Sorriso from "Il Trovatore" (arr. Brittain) (2009)
- La Battaglia di Legnano (arr. Kalischnig) (1986)
- March from "Aida" (arr. Seredy) (1871/1898/1964)
- Nabucco (tr. Saurer) (1841/2004)
- Nabucco Overture (tr. Cailliet) (1842/1959)
- Overture to "Joan of Arc" (arr. Rollinson) (1845/1902)
- Overture to "La Forza del Destino" (arr. Lake) (1862)
- Overture to "La Forza del Destino" (arr. Odom) (1862)
- Overture to "La Forza del Destino" (arr. Patterson) (1862/2012)
- Overture to "La Forza del Destino" (arr. Rogers) (1862/1980)
- Overture: "La Forza del Destino" (arr. Suzuki) (1862/2017)
- Overture to "Luisa Miller" (arr. Pruyn) (1849/1988)
- Overture to "Nabucco" (tr. Cailliet) (1841/1959)
- Overture to "Nabucco" (arr. Rhea) (1841)
- Prelude to Act I of "La Traviata" (ed. Falcone) (1853/1966)
- Rigoletto-Fantasie (arr. Goldhammer) (1851/2002)
- Triumphal March from "Aida" (arr. Evžen Zámečník) (1871)
- Triumphal March from "Aida" (arr. McAlister; ed. Reed) (1871)
- Triumphal March from "Aida" (arr. Richard) (1871/2012)
- La Traviata, Wikipedia.
- Verdi, G.; Falcone, L. (1966). Prelude, Act I, La Traviata [score]. Neil A. Kjos Co.: Park Ridge Ill.