Pietro Alessandro Yon
Pietro Alessandro Yon (8 August 1886, Settimo Vittons, Italy- 22 November 1943, Huntington, N.Y.) was an Italian-American composer and organist.
Yon was organist at St. Peter's Cathedral in Rome (1905-1907). In 1907, he immigrated to the United States, where he was organist at St. Francis Xavier's and St. Patrick's Cathedrals in New York City. Yon was well respected as a teacher and wrote many organ pieces, of which Gesù Bambino became very popular.
Works for Winds
- Gesù Bambino (arr. Clark) (2002)
- Gesù Bambino (arr. Leidzen) (1944)
- Gesù Bambino (arr. Oliver) (2014)
- Gesù Bambino (arr. Rogers) (2017)
- Heritage Encyclopedia of Band Music. " Pietro Alessandro Yon." Accessed 2 August 2018
- Pietro Yon,Wikipedia Accessed 2 August 2018