Overture to "Abduction from the Seraglio"
This work bears the designation K. 384.
(Needed, please join the WRP if you can help.)
None discovered thus far.
The premier of this opera occurred on July 16, 1782, at the Burgtheater Wein in Vienna. It was his most successful opera outside of Vienna, and is still frequently performed.
-Program Note from Heritage Encyclopedia of Band Music
None discovered thus far.
- Georgia: V
- Mississippi: VI-A
- South Carolina: IV
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- Oakland (Calif.) Municipal Band (Troy Davis, conductor) - 19 July 2015
- Montclair (N.J.) Community Band (Jim Wasko, conductor) - 23 November 2014
- McKinley Goldbug Wind Ensemble (St. Louis, Mo. - 7 May 2011
Works for Winds by this Composer
- Abduction from the Seraglio (arr. Isaac) (1782/1967)
- Adagio, K. 411
- Allegro Molto (arr. Thornton) (1776/1975)
- Allegro from "Symphony No. 10" (tr. Bobrowitz) (c. 1770/2015)
- Andante Gracioso (arr. Thornton) (1776/1975)
- Ave Verum Corpus (arr. Kreines)
- Ave Verum Corpus (arr Buehlman) (arr. Buehlman) (1791/1967)
- Concerto for 2 Pianos (tr. Dich) (c. 1779/2007)
- Concerto for Bassoon, K191 (arr. Yeago) (1774)
- Concerto for Clarinet, K622 (arr. Rumbelow) (1791/1997)
- Concerto for Horn in E-flat, K417 (arr. Rumbelow) (1783/2000)
- Concerto for Oboe in C major, K314 (arr. Rumbelow) (1777)
- Concerto No. 3 in E-flat Major, K.447 (arr. Bardeen) (c. 1787/1964)
- Concerto No. 3 in E-flat Major, K.447 (trans. Yeago) (c. 1787)
- "Così Fan Tutte" Overture (arr. Jourdan) (1790/1997)
- Divertimento in Eb, K 166 (1773)
- Don Giovanni (arr. Josef Triebensee)
- Ein Musikalischer Spass (A Musical Joke)(arr. Thompson)
- Eine Kleine Nachtmusik (arr. Erickson)
- Fantasia in F (arr. Schaefer) (1790/1962)
- Il Re Pastore (arr. Barnes) (1795/1965)
- Le Nozze di Figaro (arr. Bernardini) (1786)
- Le Nozze di Figaro (tr. Peters) (1786/2013)
- Le Nozze di Figaro (tr. Takahashi) (1786/2006)
- Magic Flute: Overture (arr Laurendeau) (1791/1900/1935)
- The Marriage of Figaro (arr. Slocum) (1786/1958)
- Mozart Alleluia (arr. John O'Reilly)
- A Mozart Festival (arr. Johnson) (1957)
- Mozart Minuet and Rondo (arr. John O'Reilly)
- Mozart Serenade and Dance (arr. John O'Reilly)
- Overture to "Abduction from the Seraglio" (arr. Longfield) (1782/2003)
- Overture to "The Magic Flute" (arr. Blomhert) (1791/1982)
- Overture to "The Marriage of Figaro" Harmoniemusik (arr. Wendt) (1786)
- Piano Concerto No. 10. See: Concerto for 2 Pianos
- Romanza from "Horn Concerto No 3, K 447 (arr. Clark) (1787/1997)
- Rondo (arr. Coles) (1791/1955)
- Rondo from the Posthorn Serenade, K320 for Clarinet, Alto Saxophone and Band (arr. Marcus)
- Rondo in Eb for Horn and Orchestra (arr. Saras)
- Serenade K361 also known as Serenade No. 10 "Gran Partita"
- Menuetto and Rondo (arr. Snavely) (1783/1972)
- Serenade K375 also known as Serenade No. 11 in E-flat Major
- Serenade No 10 in Bb "Gran Partita" (trans. Thompson)
- Serenade No. 12 in C minor. See: Serenade in C minor K388
- Serenade in C minor K388
- Sonata in A (3rd Movement -- Rondo alla turca) also known as the Turkish March arr. (arr. Kenneth Amis)
- Turkish March (arr. Longfield) (ca. 1783/2002)
- Heritage Encyclopedia of Band Music. "Abduction from the Seraglio." Accessed 28 November 2014.
- Mozart, W.; Longfield, R. (2003). Overture to Abduction from the Seraglio [score]. FJH Music: Fort Lauderdale, Fla.