Overture for Percussion Ensemble
Percussion I-VII (7 players), including:
- Marimba (4.3 octaves)
- Rototoms (4: tuned to E-flat5, C5, B-flat4, and F4; or Tom-toms as substitute)
- Snare Drum
- Suspended Cymbal
- Tenor Drum
- Xylophone (3.5 octaves)
None discovered thus far.
With recurring thematic elements, repetitive rhythmic patterns, and expansive chords in the keyboard parts, this contest and recital standard finishes strong. Dramatic syncopations create a feeling of momentum and excitement.
- Program Note from publisher
- Indiana: 113 - LARGE PERCUSSION ENSEMBLES
- Missouri: Percussion.Ensemble.Grade B
- Ohio: 651 - PERCUSSION ENS A
- Texas: Percussion Ensemble Class 2
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
Works for Winds by This Composer
- Concerto for Timpani and Percussion Ensemble
- Fanfare for the Common Percussionist
- Jazz Variants (1972)
- Overture for Percussion Ensemble (1977)
- The Prevailing Eighth Note
- Beck, J. (1977). Overture for Percussion Ensemble [score]. Kendor Music: Delevan, N.Y.