On Parade (ed Bove)
Amanda Aldridge (ed. Kaitlin Bove)
B-flat Soprano Clarinet I-II-III
B-flat Bass Clarinet
E-flat Alto Saxophone I-II
B-flat Tenor Saxophone
E-flat Baritone Saxophone
B-flat Cornet I-II
B-flat Trumpet I-II
Horn in F I-II-III-IV
- Bass Drum
- Crash Cymbals
- Snare Drum
None discovered thus far.
On Parade is an English “quick step” march featuring a typical first and second strain, trio, and an unusual secondary trio area that modulates the piece to a third tonal area.
The original 1914 version of the march was published under the male-sounding pseudonym Montague Ring.
The 2020 edition resolves several practical and stylistic issues with the available 1914 Boosey & Hawkes score-less parts that can be found through the U.S. Library of Congress or IMSLP. Instrument parts have been struck or added to modernize the instrumentation. Stylistically, the dynamic range has been expanded and several courtesy slurs and articulation markings have been added to facilitate cleanliness of lines and phrases. Rehearsal letters, measure numbers, and a tempo marking have been added for convenience and errata has been fixed.
- Program Note from publisher
- Audio: Reference recording. MIDI realization
- Video: Allen (Tx.) High School Wind Ensemble (Philip A. Obado, conductor)
None discovered thus far.
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- Allen (Tx.) High School Wind Ensemble (Philip A. Obado, conductor) - 20 December 2022 (2022 Midwest Clinic)
- Manhattan Wind Ensemble (New York, N.Y.) (Sarah Fernandez, conductor) - 10 December 2022
- Best of the West Wind Symphony (Grand Junction, Colo.) (Kaitlin Bove, conductor) - 2 December 2022
- University of Chicago (Ill.) Wind Ensemble (Nicholas J. Carlson, conductor) - 13 November 2022
- Wartburg College (Waverly, Iowa) Wind Ensemble (Jeffrey E. de Seriere II, conductor) - 16 October 2022
- University of Illinois (Champaign/Urbana) Hindsley Symphonic Band (Kimberly Fleming, conductor) - 7 October 2022
- University of Cincinnati (Ohio) College-Conservatory of Music Wind Ensemble (Thomas Gamboa, conductor) - 13 April 2022
- Pennsylvania Music Educators Association Region V State Honor Band (Newville) (Kaitlin Bove, conductor) - 12 March 2022
- University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill) Symphony Band (Erin Cooper, conductor) - 5 October 2021
Works for Winds by This Composer
- Carnival Suite (arr. Godfrey)
- Lazy Dance (arr. Godfrey)
- On Parade (arr. J. Ord Hume) (1914)
- On Parade (ed. Bove) (1914/2020)
- Quick March
- Three African Dances (arr. Godfrey)
- Three Arabian Dances (arr. Godfrey) (1920)
- Amanda Aldridge, Wikipedia Accessed 16 January 2020
- Kaitlin Bove, personal correspondence, October 2021