My Fair Lady Selections
C Piccolo/Flute III
B-flat Soprano Clarinet I-II-III
E-flat Alto Clarinet
B-flat Bass Clarinet
E-flat Alto Saxophone I-II
B-flat Tenor Saxophone
E-flat Baritone Saxophone
B-flat Cornet I-II-III
B-flat Trumpet I-II
Horn in F I-II-III-IV
(percussion detail desired)
None discovered thus far.
Few musical comedies in recent years have been as eagerly awaited as My Fair Lady, the incontestable champion of the 1955-56 season. A musical adaptation of Bernard Shaw's Pygmalion, it has delighted even dedicated Shavians with an extraordinary mixture of wit, movement and color. Produced by Herman Levin with book and lyrics by Alan Jay Lerner and music by Frederick Loewe, My Fair Lady is a joyous experience, brimming with melody and laughter.
Heard in this selection, which was transcribed for band by Robert Russell Bennett, are the following popular tunes: With a Little Bit of Luck, Wouldn't It Be Loverly?, Get Me to the Church on Time, I've Grown Accustomed to Her face, and I Could Have Danced All Night.
- Program Note by Everett Kisinger from Program Notes for Band and Band Music Notes
(Needed - please join the WRP if you can help.)
None discovered thus far.
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- Heart of Texas (San Antonio) Concert Band (R. Mark Rogers, conductor) - 8 May 2022
- Atascadero (Calif.) Community Band (Randy Schwalbe, conductor) – 12 May 2018
- Golden Gate Park Band (San Francisco, Calif.) (Robert Calonico, conductor) – 7 October 2018
- Encore Concert Band (Mokena, Ill.) (Bill Schuetter, conductor) - 4 July 2018
- Genesee Valley (N.Y.) Wind Ensemble (Philip J. Briatico, conductor) – 29 April 2018
- Peninsula Concert Band (Williamsbrg, Va.) (Ronnie Tong, conductor) – 24 April 2017
- University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign) Summer Band (Stephen Peterson, conductor) - 23 June 2016
- Foothill Symphonic Winds (Palo Alto, Calif.) (David Bruce Adams, conductor) – 5 June 2016
- Gold Coast Wind Ensemble (Thousand Oaks, Calif.) – (Clint H. Hawley, conductor) – 10 April 2016
- Allegheny College (Pa.) Band Camp for Adult Musicians (Allen E. Beck, conductor) – 12 June 2015
- Williamson County (Franklin, Tenn.) Community Band (Ken Krause, conductor) - 2 November 2014
- Arizona Winds (Glendale) - 14 February 2010
- San Luis Obispo (Calif.) Wind Orchestra (William V. Johnson, conductor) - 30 January 2005
Works for Winds by This Composer
- Brigadoon Overture (arr. Cacavas)
- Camelot (Lopez)
- Camelot (Sebesky)
- Highlights from "Camelot" (arr. Yoder) (1960/1961)
- Gigi (with Lerner; arr. Bennett) (1957/)
- Lerner and Loewe in Concert
- My Fair Lady (with Lerner; arr. Cacavas) (1956/)
- My Fair Lady (with Lerner; arr. Reed) (1956/?)
- My Fair Lady Selections (with Lerner; tr. Bennett) (1956/)
- Overture from "Brigadoon" (arr. Cacavas) (1947/1966)
- Paint Your Wagon (arr. Cacavas) (1951/1970)
- Lowe, F.; Lerner, A.; Bennett, R. (1956). My Fair Lady: Selection for Concert Band [score]. Hal Leonard: Milwaukee, Wisc.
- Smith, Norman E. (2002). Program Notes for Band. Chicago: GIA Publications, pp. 386.
- Smith, Norman and Albert Stoutamire (1979). Band Music Notes. Rev. ed. San Diego: Kjos West, pp. 147.