Motoharu Kawashima (b. 12 January 1972, Tokyo, Japan) is a Japanese composer and music educator.
Kawashima graduated from Tokyo University of the Arts and its graduate school, studying composition with Isao Matsushita and Jo Kondo. His works are performed every corner of the globe.
He participates in many projects of modern music events, and as a program advisor of "Izumi Sinfonietta Osaka" hall. He also sometimes appears on TV programs such as "Untitled Concert" as a commentator. From 2017 on, Kawashima started the concert series of the solo exhibition and, from 2020, the recital series. He is also a performer himself as well as conductor of "Ensemble Kochi".
Mr. Kawashima is currently  vice-president of The Japan Federation of Composers Inc.(JFC) and associate professor of Kunitachi College of Music and its graduate school.
Works for Winds
- Concerto for Wind Orchestra (1997/2010)
- Fanfare '88 (1988)
- High Twisted Bolero (2020)
- Let's Tri _ _ _ !!! (2005/2007)
- Percusswitch (2016)
- Sinfonia "Aletta" (2018)
- Motoharu Kawashima, Wikipedia Accessed 12 January 2023
- "KAWASHIMA Motoharu". Japan Federation of Composers Inc. Accessed 12 January 2023