Julius Fučík (arr. Beek)
This work bears the designation Opus 215.
Year: 1907 / 2005
Duration: c. 11:00
Difficulty: IV (see Ratings for explanation)
Publisher: De Haske
Cost: Score and Parts (print) - €145.00 | Score Only (print) - €25.00
E-flat Soprano Clarinet
B-flat Soprano Clarinet I-II-III
E-flat Alto Clarinet
B-flat Bass Clarinet
E-flat Alto Saxophone I-II
B-flat Tenor Saxophone
E-flat Baritone Saxophone
B-flat Trumpet I-II-III
Horn in F I-II-III-IV
- Bass Drum
- Crash Cymbals
- Mallet Percussion
- Snare Drum
None discovered thus far.
As a composer, Julius Fučik is known for his light entertaining music. However, he also wrote chamber music, songs, choral works, a mass, a requiem and an unfinished opera. Many of his works have fallen into oblivion but many of his marches such as Einzug der Gladiatoren, Regimentskinder and Florentiner Marsch are still often played.
With the concert overture Marinarella, Fučik takes us to an imaginary seaside resort on a beautiful spring day. Marinarella, a girl of the sea, accompanies us on our stroll. Leisurely walking couples on the boulevard, the murmur of the sea, fragments of a waltz melody from a café and a concert band performing a promenade concert pass you by.
- Program Note from publisher
- Marinarella has been recommended as interesting, serious and distinctive music by members of the World Association of Symphonic Bands and Ensembles (WASBE).
- Audio CD: U.S. Marine Band (Albert Schoepper, conductor) - 2009
None discovered thus far.
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
Works for Winds by This Composer
- Children of the Regiment (tr. Bourgeois) (ca. 1915/1996)
- Concertino for Bassoon (arr. Belohoubek) (2015)
- Der alto Brummbar. See: The Old Grumbly Bear and The Old Sore-Head
- Entry of the Gladiators (arr. Balent) (1900/2004)
- Entry of the Gladiators (arr. Holcombe Jr.) (1900)
- Entry of the Gladiators (tr. Laurendeau; arr. Seredy) (1900/1936)
- Entry of the Gladiators (tr. Laurendeau; arr. Seredy; ed. Ragsdale) (1900/1997)
- Fanfare Sounds (arr. Bourgeois) (2017)
- Florentiner (arr. Lake, ed. Fennell) (1907/1980)
- Florentiner March (ed. Bourgeois) (1907/1999)
- Florentiner March (arr. Rossi) (1907/2007)
- Gigantic (arr. Sip) (2002/2016)
- Kinizsi (ed. Ohnmeiss)
- Kinizsi (arr. Borodach)
- Marinarella (arr. Beek) (1907/2005)
- Mississippi River (arr. Studnitzky) (1902/1995)
- The Old Grumbly Bear (arr. Glover) (1910/2004)
- The Old Sore-Head (arr. Rogers) (1910/2000)
- Thunder and Blazes (arr. Foster Jr.) (1900/2011)
- Unter Der Admirals Flagge (Singerling) (1983)
- Victory Trophies (arr. Sip) (1915/2002/2016)
- Fučik, J. (1908). Marinarella: Ouverture, Op. 215 [score]. Bosworth: [London?].
- Perusal score
- World Association of Symphonic Bands and Ensembles (WASBE) Accessed 4 August 2016