Jun Nagao (b. 1 March 1964, Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan) is a Japanese composer.
Nagao obtained his Master's degree in composition from the Tikyo National University of Fine Arts and Music.
Nagao began his career as an arranger for orchestras and wind ensembles. Today he is known for his many original compositions including several works for video games and films. He won the 2000 Toru Takemitsu Composition Award for his work entitled L'été-L'oubli rouge.
He is currently a part-time lecturer at Toho College of Music.
Works for Winds
- A ce qu'il y avait (2011)
- Der Grucksdrache (2005)
- Die Heldenzeit (1998)
- Earth, The, from "The Planets" by Trouvère (2003)
- Fluttering Maple Leaves (2003)
- Il faut tenter de fleurir (2018)
- La saison lumineuse du vent vert (2002)
- Lovers on the Celestial Sphere (2005/2013)
- Nami no Ho (2000)
- Octet for Saxophones (2000)
- Paganini Lost in Wind (2008/2011)
- Perspective on Time (2015)
- Reminiscence (1998)
- Sharing the Sunset (2010)
- Souten no Shizuku (2001)
- Triton (2008)
- Un Moment Parfumé (2012)
- Un Morceau du Ciel (2008)
- Jun Nagao website
- Jun Nagao, Wikipedia
- Kopps, Amy M. "'The Earth' from The Planets by Trouvère." In Teaching Music through Performance in Band. Volume 11, Compiled and edited by Richard Miles, 826-836. Chicago: GIA Publications, 2018.
- Vandewalker, David W. "Paganini Lost in Wind." In Teaching Music through Performance in Band. Volume 10, Compiled and edited by Richard Miles, 794-801. Chicago: GIA Publications, 2015.