How the Grinch Stole Christmas
B-flat Soprano Clarinet I-II-III
E-flat Alto Clarinet
B-flat Bass Clarinet
E-flat Alto Saxophone I-II
B-flat Tenor Saxophone
E-flat Baritone Saxophone
B-flat Trumpet I-II-III
Horn in F I-II
Percussion I-II-III, including:
- Bass Drum
- Crash Cymbals
- Sleigh Bells
- Snare Drum
- Suspended Cymbal
- Wind Chimes
None discovered thus far.
Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas! is a 1966 Christmas animated musical comedy television special directed by Chuck Jones. It is based on the eponymous children's book by Dr. Seuss, the story of the Grinch trying to take away Christmas from the townsfolk of Whoville below his mountain hideaway.
Originally telecast in the United States on CBS on December 18, 1966, it went on to become a perennial holiday special. Directed by Chuck Jones, it features the voice of Boris Karloff.
- Program Note from Wikipedia
Of all the Dr. Seuss stories, possibly none is more delightfully charming than the take on that mean old man who disliked Christmas so much that he stole all the presents, the toys and the Christmas trees. As should befall any villain, he is transformed and his heart "grew three times its size." This is a superior holiday medley with two great songs and wonderful incidental music.
This arrangement includes Welcome Christmas and You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch.
(Needed - please join the WRP if you can help.)
None discovered thus far.
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- Benedictine College (Atchison, Kan.) Concert Band (Tom Davoren, conductor) - 5 December 2021
- Grace College (Winona Lake, Ind.) Wind Ensemble (Eric Criss, conductor) – 29 November 2021
- New Orleans (La.) Concert Band (Charles Taylor, conductor) – 15 December 2019
- Maybrook (N.Y.) Symphonic Wind Ensemble (Roy C. Coates, conductor) – 13 December 2019
- Stuart (Fla.) Community Concert Band (Jim LeBon, conductor) - 7 December 2019
- Washington and Lee University (Lexington, Va.) University Wind Ensemble (Colette Fuller, conductor) – 3 December 2019
- Pride of San Antonio (Tx.) Showband – 8 December 2018
- San Ramon (Calif.) Symphonic Band (Bryan Holbrook, conductor) – 22 December 2017
- Callanwode Concert Band (Decatur, Ga.) (Glenn Moore, conductor) – 3 December 2017
- Mascoutah (Ill.) High School Band (Sandy Haynes, conductor) – December 2015
Works for Winds by This Composer
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas (arr. Clark) (1966/1996)
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas (arr. Story) (1966/2000)
- Plain and Fancy (arr. Dutroit)
- Welcome Christmas (arr. Kraeydonck) (1997)
- Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Wikipedia Accessed 4 January 2017
- Heritage Encyclopedia of Band Music. "Albert Hague." Accessed 4 January 2017
- Perusal score