Highlights from "Fiddler on the Roof"
Jerry Bock (arr. John Warrington)
Duration: c. 6:00
Difficulty: (see Ratings for explanation)
Publisher: Sunbeam Music
Cost: Score and Parts - Out of print
For availability information, see Discussion area, above.
B-flat Soprano Clarinet I-II-III
E-flat Alto Clarinet
B-flat Bass Clarinet
E-flat Alto Saxophone I-II
B-flat Tenor Saxophone
E-flat Baritone Saxophone
Cornets I-II-III E-flat Horn or Alto I-II-III
Horn in F I-II-III
Euphonium (Bass Clef & Treble Clef)
- Crash Cymbals
- Wood Block
This error is in a printed part:
Baritone, T.C., m. 113: the rest is two bars long, not one.
Fiddler on the Roof is a musical with music by Jerry Bock, lyrics by Sheldon Harnick, and book by Joseph Stein, set in the Pale of Settlement of Imperial Russia in 1905. It is based on Tevye and his Daughters (or Tevye the Dairyman) and other tales by Sholem Aleichem. The story centers on Tevye, the father of five daughters, and his attempts to maintain his Jewish religious and cultural traditions as outside influences encroach upon the family's lives. He must cope both with the strong-willed actions of his three older daughters, who wish to marry for love -- each one's choice of a husband moves further away from the customs of his faith -- and with the edict of the Tsar that evicts the Jews from their village.
The original Broadway production of the show, which opened in 1964, had the first musical theatre run in history to surpass 3,000 performances. Fiddler held the record for the longest-running Broadway musical for almost 10 years until Grease surpassed its run. It remains Broadway's sixteenth longest-running show in history. The production was extraordinarily profitable and highly acclaimed. It was nominated for ten Tony Awards, winning nine, including best musical, score, book, direction and choreography. It spawned four Broadway revivals and a highly successful 1971 film adaptation, and the show has enjoyed enduring international popularity. It is also a very popular choice for school and community productions.
- Program Note from Wikipedia
None discovered thus far.
None discovered thus far.
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- Amador County Concert Band (Sutter Creek, Calif.) (John Lillie, conductor) – 8 June 2018 (Golden Gate Park, San Francisco)
- Golden Gate Park Band (San Francisco) (Robert Calonico, conductor) - 2 September 2018
- New Horizons Band (Iowa City) (Nolan Hauta, conductor) - 24 June 2018
- Atascadero (Calif.) Community Band (Gary Willems, conductor) – 12 June 2018
- University of Iowa (Iowa City) University Band (Aileen Sullivan, conductor) – 30 April 2018
- Genesee Valley (Batavia, N.Y.) Wind Ensemble (Philip J. Briatico, conductor) – 19 November 2017
- Atascadero (Calif.) Community Band (Randy Schwalbe, conductor) – 13 June 2017
- Liberty Classic Community Band (Williamsport, Penn.) (Arnald Gabriel, conductor) – 18 October 2015
- San Luis Obispo (Calif.) Wind Orchestra (William V. Johnson, conductor) - 27 January 2007
- South Washington County Community Band (Cottage Grove, Minn.) - 24 April 2005
Works for Winds by this Composer
- Fiddler on the Roof (arr. Barker) (1964/1997)
- Fiddler on the Roof (arr. Edmondson)
- Highlights from "Fiddler on the Roof" (arr. Warrington) (1964)
- Matchmaker (arr. Magill)
- Selections from "Fiddler on the Roof" (arr. Burden) (1964/1971)
- Sunrise, Sunset (arr. Magill)
- Symphonic Dances from "Fiddler on the Roof" (arr. Hearshen)
- Bock. J.; Harnick, S.; Warrington, J. ( 1964). Highlights from Fiddler on the Roof [score]. Sunbeam Music: New York.
- Fiddler on the Roof, Wikipedia