Highlights from "Camelot"
Year: 1960 / 1961
Duration: c. 8:30
Difficulty: III (see Ratings for explanation)
Publisher: Chappell Music
Cost: Score and Parts - Out of print.
For availability information, see Discussion tab, above.
E-flat Soprano Clarinet
B-flat Soprano Clarinet I-II-III
E-flat Alto Clarinet
B-flat Bass Clarinet
E-flat Alto Saxophone I-II
B-flat Tenor Saxophone
E-flat Baritone Saxophone
B-flat Cornet I-II-III
E-flat Horn or Alto I-II-III-IV
Horn in F I-II-III-IV
Percussion (4 players), including:
- Bass Drum
- Choke Cymbal
- Crash Cymbals
- Snare Drum
- Suspended Cymbal
- Wood Block
None discovered thus far.
Camelot is a musical by Alan Jay Lerner (book and lyrics) and Frederick Loewe (music). It is based on the King Arthur legend as adapted from the T. H. White novel The Once and Future King.
The original 1960 production, starring Richard Burton, Julie Andrews and Robert Goulet, directed by Moss Hart and orchestrated by Robert Russell Bennett and Philip J. Lang, ran on Broadway for 873 performances, winning four Tony Awards and spawning several revivals, foreign productions, and the 1967 film Camelot.
- Program Note from Wikipedia
(Needed - please join the WRP if you can help.)
None discovered thus far.
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- Charlottesville (Va.) Municipal Band (Gary Fagan, conductor) – 14 April 2019
- Genesee Wind Ensemble (Oakfield, Mich.) (Philip J. Briatico, conductor) - 18 November 2018
- Parkland College (Champaign, Ill.) Concert Band (Larry Stoner, conductor) - 6 May 2018
- Los Alamos (N.M.) Community Winds (T. Edward Vives, conductor) – 15 October 2016
- Charlottesville (Va.) Municipal Band (Stephen R. Layman, conductor) – 10 April 2016
- Gold Coast Wind Ensemble (Thousand Oaks, Calif.) (Clinton H. Dawley, conductor) – 16 January 2016
- Westside Community Band (Cincinnati, Ohio) (Kenny Bierschenk, conductor) - 18 October 2015
Works for Winds by This Composer
- Brigadoon Overture (arr. Cacavas)
- Camelot (Lopez)
- Camelot (Sebesky)
- Highlights from "Camelot" (arr. Yoder) (1960/1961)
- Gigi (with Lerner; arr. Bennett) (1957/)
- Lerner and Loewe in Concert
- My Fair Lady (with Lerner; arr. Cacavas) (1956/)
- My Fair Lady (with Lerner; arr. Reed) (1956/?)
- My Fair Lady Selections (with Lerner; tr. Bennett) (1956/)
- Overture from "Brigadoon" (arr. Cacavas) (1947/1966)
- Paint Your Wagon (arr. Cacavas) (1951/1970)
- Selections from "Brigadoon" (arr. Leidzén) (1947)
- Camelot (musical), Wikipedia Accessed 31 December 2015
- Loewe, F.; Lerner, A.; Yoder, P. (1961). Highlights from Camelot [score]. Chappell & Co. : [s.l.]