Traditional, arranged by David A Myers
B-flat Soprano Clarinet
B-flat Bass Clarinet
E-flat Alto Saxophone
B-flat Tenor Saxophone
E-flat Baritone Saxophone
B-flat Trumpet I-II
Horn in F
Percussion I-II, including:
- Bass Drum
- Bell Tree
- Suspended Cymbal
- Wind Chimes
None discovered thus far.
Based on the Scottish folk song Loch Lomond, this gorgeous arrangement paints a lovely musical portrait of the picturesque lake at the foot of Ben Lomond. Woodwind tremolos are used to represent the shimmering waters of the loch, and the evolving and evocative scoring transports the listener to a truly magic land. A great way to show off the many facets of your band's musicality.
- Program Note from publisher
Based upon the Scottish folk song Loch Lomond, this beautiful folk tune was first published in 1841 as part of the collection Vocal Melodies of Scotland. The original composer is unknown to this day; however, hundreds of versions, arrangements and interpretations are known to exist. Loch Lomond is located at the foot of the mountain Ben Lomond between the counties of Dunbartonshire and Stirlingshire. The tune itself is often the last song played after an evening of partying and revelry. Highlander Lullaby is a beautiful tribute to this wonderful Scottish folk song, invoking the beauty of Scotland and her people.
- Program Note from the North Shore Senior High School Wind Ensemble concert program, 22 December 2017
Dedicated with love to Becky Elizabeth Smith. "Keep dreaming and keep believing."
- Program Note from score
- Texas: II. Complete
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- North Shore Senior High School (Houston, Tx.) Wind Ensemble (Shane Goforth, conductor) - 22 December 2017 (2017 Midwest Clinic)
Works for Winds by This Composer
- Bagatelle for Flutes (2003)
- The Blue Tail Fly (as arranger) (2008)
- A Christmas Spiritual
- Highlander Lullaby (as arranger) (2017)
- Mississippi Sawyer (2017)
- Of Emerald Shires (2015)
- Regalia (2001)
- Siegfried’s Super Sensational Circus March (2011)
- Variations on a Boboobo Song (2002)
- "New Music Reviews." The Instrumentalist, 73/3 (October 2018), p. 74.
- Perusal score