Halama Christmas, A
Bb Soprano Clarinet I-II
Horn in F I-II
None discovered thus far.
A Halama Christmas was written for the Halama Wind Octet of Minneapolis, Minnesota. It includes settings of three familiar carol melodies: Silent Night, What Child Is This?, and Joy to the World. The medley is continuous with transitions and modulations linking each of the carols. The first performance took place on December 6, 2000 at Mount Olivet Lutheran Church in Minneapolis. The piece is dedicated to the octet's founder and conductor, Marlene Pauley.
- Program Note by Daniel Kallman
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
Additional Works for Winds by this Composer
- Alyeska: The Great Land
- American Jubilee, An
- American Tapestry, An (2003)
- Fantasia Variations on "Eternal Alleluia's"
- Galop (2015)
- Groundhog's Lament, The
- Halama Christmas, A (2004)
- The Jig Is Up (2003)
- March Emeritus
- Metamorphosis (1986/2005)
- Overture from "Yankee Doodling"
- Promenade and Galop
- Sea Creatures
- Streets of Honor
- There Was a Composer of Genius
- Vanishing Snows of Kilimanjaro, The (Tribute and Lament for Winds)
- Visit With Old Joe, A
- Yankee Doodling: A Young Person's Guide to the Concert Band