Jerry Goldsmith (arr. Roland Smeets)
E-flat Soprano Clarinet
B-flat Soprano Clarinet I-II-III
E-flat Alto Clarinet
B-flat Bass Clarinet
E-flat Alto Saxophone
B-flat Tenor Saxophone
E-flat Baritone Saxophone
B-flat Trumpet I-II-III
Horn in F I-II-III-IV
Percussion I-II-III-IV, including:
- China Cymbal
- Crash Cymbals
- Drum Set
- Suspended Cymbals
Junior parts available for younger players.
- English Horn and Alto Clarinet parts are not in the score, but the musical content of those instruments is doubled elsewhere.
Jerrald King "Jerry" Goldsmith (1929–2004) was an American composer and conductor most known for his work in film and television scoring. He composed scores for such noteworthy films as Star Trek and Gremlins. A key element in the Gremlins’ success was the imaginative meld of traditional orchestral writing and cutting-edge electronics provided by Goldsmith.
At the center of the score is a ragtime theme played on synthesizer -- a raucous celebration of mayhem that harkens back to the early days of animation yet gives the music a funky, contemporary twist.
This is balanced by a heart-warming lyrical theme for the endearing mogwai character, Gizmo; an eccentric waltz theme for the Wicked Witch of the West may be Goldsmith’s most outrageous comic confection. Solo fiddle invokes the devil, bells (both acoustic and electronic) invoke the mystery of the mogwai, and pulse-pounding action music supports the wild physical antics of the destructive creatures.
- Program Notes by publisher
None discovered thus far.
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- Mid America Freedom Band (Kansas City, Mo.) (Lee Hartman, conductor) – 17 December 2017
Works for Winds by This Composer
- End Credits from "Star Trek (The Motion Picture)" (arr. J.D. Morsch)
- Gremlins (arr. Smeets) (1984/2011)
- Music from "Air Force One"
- Patton. See: Theme from "Patton"
- Selections from "Gremlins"
- Selections from "Star Trek (The Motion Picture)" (arr. Nowak)
- Selections from "The Wind and the Lion"
- Theme from "Patton" (arr. Ford) (1970/2007)
- Wind and the Lion Symphonic Suite, The (arr. Davis)