(Needed - please join the WRP if you can help.)
None discovered thus far.
Gone for wind ensemble is a transcription of the sixth movement from my sixty-minute concerto for clarinet, the Epic Concerto. Each movement of the concerto relates to different pillar moments of my life as a clarinetist. In 1994, my playing career was ended in an automobile accident. Gone is about loss and the emotions and process of healing and learning to move on after a life-changing event. This movement challenges the musicians and the audience to experience the music in a meditative and prayerful way. My goal was to draw memories of loss and comfort for those who experience the composition.
The inspiration for the wind ensemble version was the death of my mentor James Croft, and the wonderful influence he was in my life with his encouragement to never forget about writing for the band.
- Program Note by composer
Commissioned by Baylor Chapters: Kappa Kappa Psi, Tau Beta Sigma,Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia and Mu Phi Epsilon
- Gone has been recommended as interesting, serious and distinctive music by members of the World Association of Symphonic Bands and Ensembles (WASBE).
None discovered thus far.
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- Oklahoma City (Okla.) University Wind Ensemble (Matthew Mailman, conductor) - 12 April 2022
- Middle Tennessee State University (Murfreesboro, TN) Wind Ensemble (Denny Hawkins, conductor) - 23 September 2021
- East Tennessee State University (Johnson City) Wind Ensemble (Christian Zembower, conductor) - 6 May 2021
- University of British Columbia (Vancouver) Concert Winds (Christian Reardon MacLellan, conductor) – 22 November 2019
- McGill University (Montreal, Que.) Wind Orchestra (Alain Cazes, conductor) – 27 September 2019
- California State University, Stanislaus, Wind Ensemble (Stuart Sims, conductor) – 15 March 2018
- Gettysburg College (Penn.) Wind Symphony (Christopher J. Heffner, conductor) – 8 April 2016
- Brooklyn (N.Y.) Wind Symphony (Jeff W. Ball, conductor) – 13 July 2015 - WASBE Conference, San Jose, Calif.
- University of California, Los Angeles, (UCLA) Wind Ensemble (Travis J. Cross, conductor) - 29 April 2015
- Indiana University Wind Ensemble (Stephen W. Pratt, conductor) - 7 April 2015
- University of Southern California Thornton Wind Ensemble (H. Robert Reynolds, conductor) - 6 April 2014
- California State University, Stanislaus, Wind Ensemble (Stuart Sims, conductor) - CBDNA Western/Northwestern Division Convention (Reno, Nev.) 14 March 2014
- Michigan State University (East Lansing) Wind Symphony (Cormac Cannon, conductor) – 18 December 2013 (2013 Midwest Clinic)
- Baylor University (Waco, Tx.) Wind Ensemble (J. Eric Wilson, conductor) – 21 March 2013 (CBDNA 2013 National Conference, Greensboro, N.C.)
Works for Winds by This Composer
- AMP (2016)
- Atipa-Tcoba (2020)
- Black Dog (2002)
- Clear Shade Creek (2018)
- Concerto Americana (2015)
- The Flight of the Elephant (2018)
- Freebirds (2010)
- Funkinetics (2014)
- Gone (2013)
- In Praise of Joe (2019)
- Krump (2007)
- Love Songs (2010)
- Mercury on the Moon (2009)
- Music from the Redneck Songbook II (2011)
- Popcopy (2007)
- Popcopy Rated T (2014)
- X Concerto (1996)
- X2 - Concerto for Saxophone and Wind Ensemble
- Zing! (2008)
- Coleman, Randall O. "Gone." In Teaching Music through Performance in Band. Volume 10, Compiled and edited by Richard Miles, 586-591. Chicago: GIA Publications, 2015.
- McAllister, S. (2013). Gone [score]. Lydmusic: [United States].