E-flat Soprano Clarinet
B-flat Soprano Clarinet I-II-III
E-flat Alto Clarinet
B-flat Bass Clarinet
E-flat Alto Saxophone I-II
B-flat Tenor Saxophone
E-flat Baritone Saxophone
Cornets/B-flat Trumpet I-II-III
Horn in F I-II-III-IV
(percussion detail desired)
None discovered thus far.
Commissioned by "Harmonie d Drie Horens," Franz Hendrikx, conductor.
- Program Note from score
This work, reminiscent of a film score, describes the history of the Dutch town horn. A broad lyrical theme, played by the horns, depicts the history of this town on the river Meuse. A cheerful allegro represents rural life around the town and its castle. Following this the horn theme returns and the music changes dramatically. A drum roll symbolizes the times of war that the town and castle have known. The threatening music eventually develops once more into the hopeful horn theme, a sign of reconstruction and the future.
- Program Note from publisher
- Audio CD: Royal Military Band of the Netherlands (Pieter Jansen, conductor) - 1997
- Tennessee: VI
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- Marktmusik Vorchdorf Herbstkonzert (Karl Ausserhuber, conductor) – 2011
- San Luis Obispo (Calif.) Wind Orchestra (William V. Johnson, conductor) – 5 December 1999
Works for Winds by This Composer
- Apocalyps II (1997)
- Cyrano (2005)
- Dance of Uzume (2005)
- Fantasy Tales (1997)
- Russian Gipsy Song (as arranger) (2005)
- Titanic Saga, The (2000)
- Tum Balaleika
- Heritage Encyclopedia of Band Music. "Piet Swerts." Accessed 20 June 2015.
- Swerts, Piet (1997). Fantasy Tales [score]. De Haske: Heerenveen, Holland.