(Needed - please join the WRP if you can help.)
None discovered thus far.
The title is derived from the old French word “estampir”, which means to re-sound. The “estampie” of the 13th and 14th centuries repeated every section. Here, the repetition (re-sounding) is of notes.
An excellent, accessible program opener or closer by noted composer McBeth, Estampie is percussive and staccato in nature, enhanced by jarring, metallic brake drums in the percussion section and bright, strident brass figures.
Commissioned by and dedicated to the Deer Path Junior High School Band, Heather Pettit, director, of Lake Forest Illinois.
- Program Note by publisher
- Audio CD: Osaka Municipal Symphonic Band (Syunsaku Tsutsumi, conductor) – 2001
- Alabama: Class CC
- North Carolina: IV
- South Carolina: IV
- Tennessee: IV
- Virginia: IV
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- Liberty High School (Madera, Calif.) Symphonic Band (Eric Burger, conductor) – 24 March 2017 (2017 Sutherland Wind Festival (Fresno, Calif.)
- Musikkapelle Auer (Italy) (Arnold Leimgruber, conductor) – 15 November 2014
Works for Winds by this Composer
- Air and Dance
- Annabel Lee
- Beowulf (1966)
- Canto (1977)
- Capriccio Concertant
- Chant and Jubilo (1963)
- Dream Catcher
- Estampie (1999)
- Flourishes (1982)
- Grace Praeludium (1982)
- Joyant Narrative
- Kaddish (1976)
- Land of El Dorado, The
- Lauds and Tropes
- Masque (1968)
- Of Sailors and Whales (1989)
- The Sea Treaders (1996)
- Symphonic Dance No. 1, "Comanche Ritual" (as transcriber) (1965/2013)
- They Hung Their Harps in the Willows (1988)
- Through Countless Halls of Air (1995)
- To Be Fed By Ravens
- When Honor Whispers and Shouts
- When Rossi Strikes
- Wine From These Grapes (1992)
- McBeth, W. (2000). Estampie: For Symphonic Band [score]. Southern Music: San Antonio, Tex.