Early One Morning (Stubbs)
Folk song arranged by Duncan Stubbs
(Needed - please join the WRP if you can help.)
None discovered thus far.
Early One Morning (Roud V9617) is an English folk song with lyrics first found in publications as far back as 1787. A broadside ballad sheet in the Bodleian Library, Oxford, dated between 1828 and 1829 has the title The Lamenting Maid and refers to the lover leaving to become a sailor. The now well-known melody was first printed by William Chappell in his publication National English Airs c.1855-1859. The melody may be derived from an earlier song The Forsaken Lover.
- Program Note from Wikipedia
- Louisiana: I
- Texas: I. Complete
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
Works for Winds by This Composer
- Child’s Play (2007)
- Country Garden Gig (2018)
- Deck the Halls (2009)
- Early One Morning (as arranger) (2005)
- Elegy on Londonderry Air (2004)
- Early One Morning. Wikipedia Accessed 8 September 2021
- Heritage Encyclopedia of Band Music. "Duncan Stubbs." Accessed 8 September 2021
- Stubbs, D. (2005). Early One Morning [score]. Studio Music: London.