Subtitle: For Three Clarinets and Bass Clarinet
Year: 1942 / 1956 / 1984
Duration: c. 12:30
Difficulty: VI (see Ratings for explanation)
Publisher: Schott Music
Cost: Score and Parts (print) - €22.00; (digital) - €17.99 | Score Only (print) - €16.50
1. Allegro – 4:05
2. Andante sostenuto, molto expressivo – 3:25
3. Allegro con brio – 5:00
B-flat Soprano Clarinet I-II-III
B-flat Bass Clarinet
None discovered thus far.
Uhl's Divertimento for Three Clarinets and Bass Clarinet is one of the most performed works for the medium. Written in 1942 for clarinettists from the Vienna Philharmonic, it is a very demanding three-movement work structured similarly to a conventional concerto.
- Program Note from Wikipedia
- Audio CD: Fell Clarinet Quartet - 2008
- Indiana: 031 Clarinet Quartets
- Missouri: Woodwind. Clarinet. Quartet. Grade A
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- University of Missouri (Columbia) Wind Ensemble (Brian Silvey, conductor) – 10 January 2018
- Sean Osborn, Florie Rothenberg, Mary Kantor, Jennifer Nelson, clarinet - 2015
Works for Winds by This Composer
- Uhl, A. (1956). Divertimento für 3 Klarinetten und Bassklarinette = for 3 clarinets and bass clarinet [score]. Schott: Mainz.