Diffusion for Saxophone Quartet
Duration: c. 12:15
Difficulty: VI (see Ratings for explanation)
Publisher: Alfred Music Publishing
Cost: Score and Parts (print) - $70.00; (digital) - $70.00 | Score Only (print) - $11.00; (digital) - $11.00
4. Hip Hop
B-flat Soprano Saxophone
E-flat Alto Saxophone
B-flat Tenor Saxophone
E-flat Baritone Saxophone
None discovered thus far.
Goodwin composed Diffusion in four movements. The first two are classical in nature and the last two jazz-oriented and contain improvised sections.
- Program Note from Cleveland Winds Neo-Tessares Saxophone Quartet concert program, 21 March 2021
The saxophone quartet is one of the most expressive chamber groups for a composer to write for, and I hope Diffusion exposes the wide and versatile sounds and stylistic range potential of the saxophone quartet. An open mind, good technique in both jazz and classicals styles along with a flexible approach is needed to perform all four of the movements.
- Program Note by composer
Commissioned by Miles Osland and the Osland Saxophone Quartet.
- Program Note from score
- Indiana: 032 - SAXOPHONE QUARTETS
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- Cleveland (Ohio) Winds Neo-Tessares Saxophone Quartet – 21 March 2021
- Unnamed Thai saxophone quartet – 2019
Works for Winds by This Composer
- Diffusion for Saxophone Quartet (2006)
- Ever Braver, Ever Stronger (2004)
- Hunting Wabbits (arr. Gilje) (2003/2020)
- Samba (2019)
- Sing Sang Sung (arr. Gilje) (2001/)
- Goodwin, G. (2006). Diffusion for Saxophone Quartet [score]. Wingood Music Productions: [s.l.].
- Perusal score