David A Myers
David A. Myers (b. 24 April 1956, Burlington, Vermont) is an American composer, conductor and educator.
Mr. Myers earned his Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees at the University of Vermont. His work at the Shelburne (Vermont) Community School during the last 20 years has earned him several honors, including the Governor’s Commendation for Excellence in Arts and Education. A highly respected music educator, composer, guest conductor, and adjudicator throughout the New England region, Myers is the bandmaster of the 40th Army Band in the Vermont National Guard. Myers is extremely active as a composer and arranger of band music with several commissions to his credit. He is also considered an expert on the integration of music in the general classroom.
Myers is a member of ASCAP, the Association of Concert Bands, and the Music Educators National Conference.
Works for Winds
- Bagatelle for Flutes (2003)
- The Blue Tail Fly (as arranger) (2008)
- A Christmas Spiritual
- Highlander Lullaby (as arranger) (2017)
- Mississippi Sawyer (2017)
- Of Emerald Shires (2015)
- Regalia (2001)
- Siegfried’s Super Sensational Circus March (2011)
- Variations on a Boboobo Song (2002)
- David A. Myers, FJH Music Accessed 8 January 2016.
- Heritage Encyclopedia of Band Music. "David A. Myers." Accessed 8 January 2016.