Come and see the wonders...
Subtitle: A Psalm for Band
The title of this work is correctly written with lower case, quotes and ellipsis: "Come and see the wonders..."
B-flat Soprano Clarinet
B-flat Bass Clarinet
E-flat Alto Saxophone
B-flat Tenor Saxophone
E-flat Baritone Saxophone
Horn in F
- Bass Drum
- Snare Drum
- Wind Chimes
None discovered thus far.
"Come and see the wonders..." is an impression and reflection on Psalm 66:5: "Come and see the wonders of God, his acts for humanity are awe-inspiring".
This is a work for young band with limited rhythms, ranges, and key signature. The clarinets stay below the break and the trumpet part does not go above the fourth line D. There are solos, unisons, and doublings for a fully supported sound.
- Program Note by composer
- California: SCSBOA II
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- California High School (Whittier, Calif.) Concert Band (Doug Nordquist, conductor)
Works for Winds by This Composer
- ...and streams on the dry land... (2021)
- Before the Mountains Were Born... (2020)
- Chorale: In Memoriam (1980/2018)
- Chorale Prelude on Veni, Veni Emmanuel (2005)
- "come and see the wonders..." (2019)
- Divergents (1982)
- Ezekiel's Vision (1979)
- ...from the rising of the sun... (2020)
- Harmelodic Configurations (2007/2019)
- "...in your splendor ride triumphantly." (2019)
- Lacrimosa (2020)
- McBeth (2014)
- On the Morning of the Third Day (1994)
- The Prairie (2007)
- Remembering "Hammersmith" (2020)
- The River (2018)
- "Run in such a way..." (2019)
- Saddle Up! (2016)
- Yozawa (2020)