Bb Soprano Clarinet I-II-III-IV
Bb Bass Clarinet
C Trumpet I-II-III-IV
Horn in F I-II-III-IV
- Bass Drum
- Crash Cymbals
- Snare Drum
None discovered thus far.
This international potpourri of children's melodies was commissioned in 1964 by Robert A. Boudreau, founder and conductor of the American Wind Symphony of Pittsburgh. Since 1975 the band has presented concerts sailing the waterways of North America and Europe from the deck of its own floating arts center, Counterpoint II. During that time Boudreau and the C.F. Peters Cop. have commission hundreds of works from many of the world's major composers.
- Program Note from Program Notes for Band
This "international potpourri of children's melodies" including the French tune Frere Jacques. Though the work is certainly no "child's play" for its technical challenges, the work captures the exuberant, boisterous, teasingly play and fleeting moments of repose in the life of a child.
- Program Note from the State University of New York, Fredonia, Wind Symphony concert program, 3 October 2019
None discovered thus far.
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- University of Minnesota (Minneapolis) Wind Ensemble (Emily Threinen, conductor) – 11 December 2019
- The Ohio State University (Columbus) Wind Symphony Chamber Winds (Alexander Gonzalez, conductor) – 14 November 2019
- Arizona State University (Tempe) Wind Ensemble (Jason Casler, conductor) – 4 November 2019
- State University of New York, Fredonia, Wind Symphony (Donna Dolson, conductor) – 3 October 2019
- University of Miami (Coral Gables) Frost Wind Ensemble (Robert Carnochan, conductor) – 23 September 2018
- University of Missouri, Kansas City, Wind Ensemble (Joseph Parisi, conductor) – 25 April 2018
- McGill University (Montreal, Que.) Wind Orchestra (Alain Cazes, conductor) – 16 March 2018
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) Symphonic Wind Ensemble (Mallory Thompson, conductor) – 3 March 2017
- Temple University (Philadelphia, Penn.) Wind Symphony (Emily Threinen, conductor) – 22 April 2016
- Indiana University (Bloomington) Concert Band (Jason H. Nam, conductor) – 29 March 2016
- Hodgson Winds (University of Georgia, Athens) (Cynthia Johnston Turner, conductor) – 6 October 2015
- Northwest Wind Symphony (Dan Schmidt, conductor) - 20 April 2013
Works for Winds by this Composer
- Actanphonie (1970)
- Allegro et Finale (1953)
- Andante et Scherzo (1938)
- Ceux qui pieusement sont morts
- Children's Overture (1964)
- Concertino for Alto Saxophone
- Concertino for Piano and Winds
- En Forêt (adapt. Pegram) (1941/1985)
- Jour d'été à la montagne (1954)
- Ouverture Rythmique (rev. Etchegoncelay) (1963/2018)
- Sonatine (1951)
- Smith, Norman E. (2002). Program Notes for Band. Chicago: GIA Publications, pp. 84.