Bermuda Triangle, The
1. The Triangle, the legend.
2. Bermuda, The Island of Eternal Love. Cadencia.
E-flat Soprano Clarinet
B-flat Soprano Clarinet I-II-III
B-flat Bass Clarinet
E-flat Alto Saxophone I-II
Tenor Saxophone I-II
E-flat Baritone Saxophone
B-flat Trumpet I-II-III
Bb Flugelhorn I-II (optional)
Horn in F I-II-III-IV
Bass Trombone (optional)
Timpani (also including: triangle, barchimes, low drum, cymbal)
Percussion (4 players, including:)
- Bass Drum
- Bell Tree
- Cymbals (crash, sizzle, two suspended)
- Low Drum
- Mark tree
- Snare Drum
- Tam-tam (2 large)
- Triangle (2)
- Tubular Bells
- Two Puilli Sticks on rim and shell of Bass Drum.
(Hawaiian instrument consisting of a bamboo tube cut lengthwise into strips, leaving the back as a handle. In the case this is not available, can use wooden brushes.)
None discovered thus far.
The legend of this mysterious triangle was officially born on September 16, 1950, when the Association sent to the Associated Press reporter EVW Jones to the area bounded by Florida, Bermuda and Puerto Rico to report the mysterious disappearances of ships and aircraft.
Other researchers claim that the area of the Bermuda Triangle is home to the legendary lost city of Atlantis. Of course I have never found evidence of neither this nor any existing theories so far.
Beyond the legend and the terror that can result in the pilots of planes and boats, the islands of Bermuda hold another charm and mysteries that can not spell, you just have to see them and live them. Also being close to one of the most enigmatic of the world can be quite attractive.
For years, the Bermuda Triangle has been a place of research for the many disappearances of ships and aircraft, but is also of Bermuda, where there is also a legend, but of love, which highlights the beauty of the beaches and pink sand. The color of its waters is attributed to love, which is why it is said that couples who kiss under the arches of stone and coral called Moongate have secured the happiness and good fortune.
-Program Notes by José Alberto Pina
- Audio CD: The Legend of Maracaibo Banda Sinfónica da Polícia de Seguranca Pública (José Manuel Ferreira Brito, Conductor)
None discovered thus far.
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- Banda Sinfónica Municipal de Madrid, Spain (Enrique García Asensio, conductor) - 17 July 2011
- Banda Sinfónica Municipal de Albacete, Spain (Enrique García Asensio, conductor) - 10 April 2011
- Banda de Música Ferreries, Spain (José Agustí Colom, conductor) - 17 January 2011
- Banda Sinfónica Municipal de Madrid, Spain (Enrique García Asensio, conductor) - 21 December 2010
- Banda Sinfónica Ciudad de Baeza, Spain (Joaquín Fabrellas Bordal, conductor) - 20 November 2010
- Banda del Conservatorio Superior de Música de Murcia, Spain (José Alberto Pina, conductor) - 10 March 2010
- Societat Escola Musical Santa Cecília de l'Olleria, Spain (Pere Molina, conductor) - 10 October 2009
Works for Winds by This Composer
- A mi banda. (2003)
- The Bermuda Triangle (2009/2013)
- Crucifixus (2008)
- Dunkirk (2020)
- El Reolín (2008)
- Es Vedrà
- Gangster’s Scenes (2008)
- Ghost Ship (2017)
- Himne a la festa (2006)
- The Island of Light (2013)
- The Legend of Maracaibo (2011)
- Mejor pídelo tú (2014)
- Pompeii (2019)
- Sajelbon (2021)
- Sendes (2009)
- Steel Overture (2022)