Ave Maria (Biebl-Cameron)
Franz Biebl (trans. Cameron)
(Needed, please join the WRP if you can help.)
None discovered thus far.
Ave Maria was first published in 1964 in Dortmund, Germany, for seven-part men’s voices. The version utilized in this transcription, however, is the version for mixed choir selected because it better matches the registration of the wind ensemble or symphonic band. This adaptation is a transcription rather than an arrangement in that every attempt has been made to preserve every possible detail of the original. The only editing which has been made are the addition of limited octave doublings and the addition of bar lines in order to facilitate performance of the freestyle chant sections.
- Program Note by publisher
None discovered thus far.
- Alabama: Class CC
- Georgia: III
- Kansas: IV
- Louisiana: IV
- Mississippi: V-A
- North Carolina: V
- South Carolina: III
- Texas: IV. Complete
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- Syracuse University (Syracuse, N.Y.) Wind Ensemble (Shanti Simon, guest conductor) – 30 April 2019
- University of California Berkeley Wind Ensemble II (Matthew Sadowski, conductor) – 17 March 2019
- Seneca Valley High School (Harmony, Penn.) Wind Ensemble (Bob Matchett, conductor) – 22 February 2019
- Carthage College (Kenosha, Wisc.) Concert Band (James Ripley, conductor) – 2 December 2018
- Austin (Texas) Symphonic Band (Richard Floyd, conductor; Tim O'Brien, vocal) - 11 February 2018
- California State University, Long Beach, Wind Symphony (Jermie Arnold, conductor) – 30 November 2017
- Indiana University (Bloomington) Symphonic Band (Sean C. Phelan, conductor) – 18 October 2017
- State University of New York, Potsdam, Symphonic Band (Stephen Meyer, conductor) – 5 October 2017
- Lopez High School (Brownsville, Tx.) Symphonic Band (George Trevino, conductor) - 10 February 2017 (2017 TMEA Conference, San Antonio)
- Clovis (Calif.) East High School Wind Ensemble (Shannon Weber, conductor) - 15 April 2016 (2016 San Joaquin Valley (Calif.) Concert Band Invitational)
- Charlottesville (Va.) Municipal Band (Stephen R. Layman, conductor) – 13 December 2015
- Taipei United Wind Orchestra (Yen-ching Lü, conductor) – 13 August 2010
Works for Winds by this Composer
- Biebl, F.; Cameron ,R. (1964). Ave Maria[score]. Boosey & Hawkes: New York.
- Druffel, Benjamin James, "In-Depth Analysis and Program Notes on a Selection of Wind Band Music" (2012). Theses, Dissertations, and Other Capstone Projects. Paper 196. Accessed 24 December 2015
- Heritage Encyclopedia of Band Music. "Franz Biebl." Accessed 24 December 2015.
- Miles, Richard B. 2000. Teaching Music Through Performance in Band. Volume 3. Chicago: GIA Publications. pp. 202-204.