E-flat Soprano Clarinet
B-flat Soprano Clarinet I-II-III
E-flat Alto Clarinet
B-flat Bass Clarinet
B-flat Contrabass Clarinet
B-flat Soprano Saxophone
E-flat Alto Saxophone I-II
B-flat Tenor Saxophone
E-flat Baritone Saxophone
B-flat Cornet I-II-III
Horn in F I-II-III-IV
- Orchestra bells
None discovered thus far.
Autumn Walk by Julian Work employs many early 20th century chordal and compositional styles that emulate impressionistic composers like Claude Debussy and Maurice Ravel. This work is described to have a fantasia form. That form is dictated by changes in sonority and harmonic movement rather than motivic development. The first section is more texturally dense and harmonically adventurous, but by the second and third sections the texture becomes far more diatonic and texturally thin.
- Program Note from University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire Symphony Band concert program, 27 April 2018
- Alabama: Class A
- Maryland: V
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- Indiana University (Bloomington) Symphonic Band (Tim Loman, conductor) - 31 October 2021
- University of Cincinnati (Ohio) College-Conservatory of Music Wind Symphony (Karl Meyers, conductor) - 5 November 2021
- University of Nebraska (Lincoln) Symphonic Band (Anthony Falcone, conductor) - 28 April 2021
- University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire Symphony Band (Phillip A. Ostrander, conductor) – 27 April 2018
Works for Winds by This Composer
- Autumn Walk (1958)
- Driftwood Patterns (1961)
- Portraits from the Bible: Moses (1956)
- Portraits from the Bible: Ruth (1956)
- Portraits from the Bible: Shadrach, Meschach and Abendego (1956)
- Processional Hymn (1957)
- Stand the Storm (1963)
- Girsberger, Russ. Percussion Assignments for Band & Wind Ensemble: Volume 2 L-Z. Galesville, MD: Meredith Music Publications, 2004, 346. Print.
- Heritage Encyclopedia of Band Music. "Julian Work." Accessed 27 April 2018
- Work, J. (1958). Autumn Walk [score]. Shawnee Press: Delaware Water Gap, Penn.