B-flat Soprano Clarinet
B-flat Bass Clarinet
E-flat Alto Saxophone
B-flat Tenor Saxophone
E-flat Baritone Saxophone
Horn in F
Percussion I-II, including:
- Bass Drum
- Crash Cymbals
- Snare Drum
- Cover title is written as Arise. Score and part title is written as Arise!
Arise! is a piece as uplifting and exciting as its title. This fanfare-like work has a fresh and wonderful sound color palette for beginning band that is meant to convey a hopeful spirit in dark times.
- Program Note adapted from publisher
Arise! is about hope in the midst of trouble, and courage providing strength to go on. Today's young musicians live in a world where there can be trouble, where times can be rough, where friends can help.
Arise! is written to encourage and inspire young musicians and their audiences, no matter what they face, to have the hope, strength and courage to arise in the face adversity. The strong rhythms and modal harmonies support a determined step-wise melody that evokes the strength to take the next step, and the next, and to keep going forward. The end assures that as we see hope arise, strength leads to courage, and together we can go forth to a bright future.
when there is trouble
when times get rough...
when a friend needs help...
- Program Note from Wakeland High School Wind Symphony concert program, 17 December 2021
None discovered thus far.
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- Wakeland High School (Frisco, Tx.) Wind Symphony (Tanner Smith, conductor) - 17 December 2021 (2021 Midwest Clinic)
Works for Winds by This Composer
- Amy Riebs Mills website Accessed 15 December 2021
- Heritage Encyclopedia of Band Music. "Amy Rieba Mills." Accessed 15 December 2021
- Perusal score