Anthony LaBounty is an American composer and educator.
Mr. LaBounty holds a bachelor's in music from the University of Arizona and a master's in music from the University of Illinois.
He serves as associate professor of music and the assistant director of bands at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas where he directs the UNLV "Star of Nevada" Marching Band, University Symphonic Winds, the UNLV "Runnin' Rebel” Basketball Pep Band, and the UNLV Community Concert Band. Since his appointment to the faculty in 1988, he has helped develop the UNLV Bands to become one of the finest collegiate band programs in the nation. He teaches courses within the music education degree programs and is an active clinician and adjudicator throughout the United States.
He has served as a guest conductor and performer throughout Europe and in Japan, Mexico and China. He is past state chairman of the Nevada Chapter of the National Band Association, and is a member in the Phi Delta Kappa Honorary Fraternity, the National Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, and is a past member of the Texas Music Educators Association.
Works for Winds
- Favor and Treasure (2013)
- How Deep the Father's Love for Us (as arranger) (1995/2014)
- Prayer for Asia (2011)
- Psalm 92 (2014)
- Salmo de la Rinascita (2014)
- Sonata for Alto Saxophone and Wind Band (as transcriber) (1972/2013)
- Anthony LaBounty, Wikipedia Accessed 25 May 2018
- "Anthony LaBounty M.S." University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Web. Accessed 25 May 2018
- Heritage Encyclopedia of Band Music. "Anthony LaBounty." Accessed 25 May 2018