Tim Waters (b. Greenville, S.C.) is an American composer and educator.
Dr. Waters received his Bachelor of Music degree from Furman University, and his Master of Music Education and Doctor of Arts in Music Composition degrees from the University of Georgia.
Tim Waters is Music Department Vice Chairman, Director of Bands, and Associate Professor of Music at Oral Roberts University. A member of the ORU faculty since 2003, Dr. Waters previously served as Music Director for Victory Christian Center, a large televised church in Tulsa, Oklahoma, a position that also included the role of founding director of the School of Worship within the church’s Bible school. At ORU, he also serves as Instrumental Coordinator and Music Technology Coordinator; other duties include teaching classes in music and worship.
Dr. Waters maintains an active writing schedule, creating new works for bands, orchestras and churches around the United States. He also enjoys producing recordings for various artists, with an emphasis on instrumental jazz and vocal worship.
Works for Winds
- Ain't No Other Man (as arranger) (2007)
- The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (as arranger) (2008)
- Fortress Variations (2008)
- Home (as arranger) (2008)
- I Believe I Can Fly (as arranger) (2008)
- Sweet Caroline (as arranger) (1969/2010)
- Viva La Vida (as arranger) (2009)
- What Goes Around... Comes Around (as arranger) (2007)
- Dr. Tim Waters blogspot Accessed 8 November 2018
- "Tim Waters." Composer Biographies. Hal Leonard. Web. Accessed 8 November 2018
- "Tim Waters." Oral Roberts University. Web. Accessed 8 November 2018