Symphonic Suite from "Band of Brothers"
Michael Kamen (arr. Jerry Brubaker)
Year: 2001 / 2002
Duration: c. 5:15
Difficulty: IV (see Ratings for explanation)
Original Medium: Orchestra
Publisher: Alfred Publishing Co.
Cost: Score and Parts (print) - $87.00; (digital) - $80.00 | Score Only (print) - $15.00
E-flat Soprano Clarinet
B-flat Soprano Clarinet I-II-III
E-flat Alto Clarinet
B-flat Bass Clarinet
E-flat Alto Saxophone I-II
B-flat Tenor Saxophone
E-flat Baritone Saxophone
B-flat Trumpet I-II-III
Horn in F I-II-III-IV
Percussion I-II-III, including:
- Bass Drum
- Crash Cymbals
- Snare Drum
- Suspended Cymbal
- Tenor Drum
None discovered thus far.
This heroic and haunting music was composed by well-known film composer Michael Kamen as the theme to the HBO mini-series Band Of Brothers. It is a sweeping, diverse score that encompasses lovely soaring ballads as well as driving, intense splashes of sound.
- Program Note from publisher
Band of Brothers is a 2001 American war drama miniseries based on historian Stephen E. Ambrose's 1992 non-fiction book of the same name. The executive producers were Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks, who had collaborated on the 1998 World War II film Saving Private Ryan. The episodes first aired in 2001 on HBO. The series won Emmy and Golden Globe awards in 2001 for best miniseries.
- Program Note from Wikipedia
None discovered thus far.
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- New Jersey Wind Symphony (Ocean Grove) (Christian Wilhjelm, conductor) - 1 July 2021
- Atlantic Wind Ensemble (Ocean Grove, N.J.) (Eliot Prowse, conductor) - 29 May 2021
- University of Iowa (Iowa City) Symphony Band (Mark Heidel, conductor) – 12 November 2019
- Virginia Grand Military Band (Alexandria) (Loras John Schissel, conductor) - 26 May 2018
- Callanwolde Concert Band (Decatur, Ga.) (Glen Moore, conductor) - 4 July 2017
- Cupertino (Calif.) Symphonic Band (Jason McChristian, conductor) – 11 June 2017
- London Gay Symphonic Winds- 26 October 2013
Works for Winds by This Composer
- All for Love
- American Symphony, An (arr. Moss) (1996)
- Band of Brothers. See: Symphonic Suite from "Band of Brothers"
- From Earth to the Moon
- I Do It for You
- Mr. Holland's Opus (arr. Bocook) (1995/)
- Robin Hood (arr. Bocook) (1991)
- Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves: Symphonic Suite (arr. Lavender) (1991)
- Selections from "Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves"
- Suite from "Band of Brothers" (arr. Nowlin) (2001)
- Symphonic Suite from "Band of Brothers" (arr. Brubaker) (1998/2002)
- Tribute (arr Moss) (arr. Moss) (2004)
- Band of Brothers (miniseries), Wikipedia Accessed 27 June 2017
- Kamen, M.; Brubaker, J. (2002). Symphonic Suite from Band of Brothers [score]. Belwin: Miami, Fla.
- Perusal score