Duration: c. 45:15
Difficulty: (see Ratings for explanation)
Publisher (second movement only): Cafua, through Yamaha Music
Cost: Score and Parts – Rental ($510.00)
Other movements: Unpublished
1. De la naissance de la terre au commencement de civilisation du monde (From the birth of the Earth to the beginning of world civilization) – 12:05
2. Le mouvement qui considère l'influence que l'humanité cause à l'environnement terrestre - Développement de civilisation, guerre et effondrements (The movement that considers the influence that humanity causes to the earth environment. Development of civilization, war and collapses) – 13:05
3. Le mouvement a offert à toutes les victimes de guerre dans l'histoire de la terre (The movement offered to all victims of the war in the history of the Earth) – 5:00
4. Finale – 15:55
(Needed - please join the WRP if you can help.)
None discovered thus far.
This is a large-scale work in four movements, imaginatively conceived on a macroscopic scale, with a contemporary theme of the global environment in mind. It is grand in its grandeur, but rather than making a visual show and appealing to the audience, it sets up the sound of discord in a calm and soothing manner, and works to provoke contemplation. It's a full-bodied sound.
This original work for wind band is a work of unprecedented scale and power, in which various sounds are intertwined and scenes seem to come to mind.
- Program Note from publisher (Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator)
This very large-scale work was completed in 2008 to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the Hamamatsu Symphonic Wind Orchestra.
The symphonic suite has a duration of over 50 minutes, and it is inspired by Gaia, which in Greek mythology is the ancestral mother of all life.
- Program Note from WASBE
- Audio: Reference recording. Hamamatsu (Japan) Symphonic Wind Orchestra (Tohru Asada, conductor)
- Audio CD: Hamamatsu (Japan) Symphonic Wind Orchestra (Tohru Asada, conductor) - 2008
None discovered thus far.
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
Works for Winds by This Composer
- Alas de Hierro (2004)
- Byakudan (2014)
- Bohemian Rhapsody (as arranger)
- Concerto Grosso (2002/2008)
- El Sombrero de Tres Picos, Suite No 2 (as arranger) (1919/2009)
- Emanacje i Medytacje Part I (1999)
- Emanacje i Medytacje Part II (2001)
- Expiation (1999)
- Gaia. See: Suite symphonique
- GR Selection (2001/2008)
- Kokyou (2009)
- La forme de chaque amour change comme le Kaleidoscope (2003)
- La suite excentrique (2004)
- Libération (2020/2022)
- OHNAI (2001)
- Paraphrase par "Statique et Extatique" avec un prologue et l'epilogue (2016)
- Preludio espressiva (2017)
- Ryoku (2013)
- Suite symphonique (2008)
- Symphonic Suite No 2 "GR" (2000)
- Symphony No. 1 "Gral" (2007-2010)
- Taku Chi Sui for Wind Ensemble (2013)
- Ten Rai Mu Bou (2013)
- Yugagyo Chugan - azuma kagami ibun (2000)
- "Profile". (in Japanese) Hamamatsu Symphonic Wind Orchestra Website. Accessed 10 January 2023
- "Suite Symphonique 'GAIA' 2 mov". (in Japanese) Cafua Website. Accessed 10 January 2023
- "GAIA – Symphonic Suite for Wind Orchestra by Masamichi (Masamicz) Amano (Japan, 1957)." WASBE. Web. (Featured as WASBE’s Composition of the Week, 9 January 2023). Accessed 9 January 2023