Suite from "Romeo and Juliet"
1. Montagues and Capulets – 5:00
2. Dance – 2:00
3. The Death of Tybalt – 3:25
B-flat Trumpet I-II-III-IV
Horn in F I-IVI
(percussion detail desired)
None discovered thus far.
Romeo and Juliet, Op. 64, is a ballet by Sergei Prokofiev based on William Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet. Prokofiev reused music from the ballet in three suites for orchestra and a solo piano work.
- Program Note from Wikipedia
This suite arranged by Joseph Kreines encompasses three scenes: Montagues and Capulets, Dance, and The Death of Tybalt.
- Program Note by Wind Repertory Project
None discovered thus far.
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- Oklahoma State University (Stillwater) Wind Ensemble (Joseph Missal, conductor) - 25 February 2021
- Big Horn Brass (Portland, Ore.) (David Bryan, conductor) – 8 May 2015
Works for Winds by This Composer
- Athletic Festival March (arr. Goldman) (1936/1980)
- Concerto No. 3 in C for Piano (tr. Hunsberger) (1921/)
- Dance of the Knights (trans. Jones) (1935/2019)
- The Enemy God and the Dance of the Spirits (arr. Van der Beek) (1916/1996)
- Finale to "Symphony No 1" (tr. Johnson) (1917/2016)
- Gavotte (arr. Gordon)
- Lieutenant Kije Symphonic Suite (arr. Schyns)
- March from "The Love of Three Oranges" (arr. Cray) (1921/1943)
- Marche from the Opera "Love for Three Oranges" (arr. Erickson) (1921/1992)
- Marche from "The Love of Three Oranges," Opus 33 (arr Johnson) (arr. Johnson) (1921/1947)
- March, Opus 69. See also: Athletic Festival March
- March, Opus 69 (arr. Gingery) (1937/1985)
- March, Opus 99 (arr. Meredith) (1943-44/2017)
- March, Opus 99 (arr. Mindeman) (1943-44)
- March, Opus 99 (arr. Yoder; ed. Berz) (1943-44)
- Masquerade Variations On A Theme Of Prokofiev (arr. Gryc)
- Music for Children (arr. Ahronheim)
- Ode to the End of the War (1945/1969/1979)
- Peter and the Wolf (arr. Daniels) (1936)
- Peter and the Wolf (arr. Curnow) (1936/1986)
- Piano Concerto No. 3 (arr. Hunsberger) (1921/)
- Suite from the Ballet "Romeo & Juliet" (arr. de Meij) (1935/1990)
- Suite from "Romeo and Juliet" (arr. Kreines) (1935/199-?)
- Symphony V in B-flat Major (tr. Rogers) (1944/2019)
- Symphony V: Scherzo (arr. Moore) (1947/2014)
- Triumphal March (arr. Goldman) (1936/1941)
- Two Pieces from Lt. Kije (arr. Tull) (1934/1971)
- Visions fugitives (orch. Missal) (1917/2017)
- Prokofiev, S.; Kreines, J. (199-?), Suote from "Romeo and Juliet" [score]. [Joseph Kreines]: [Melbourne, Fla.].
- Romeo and Juliet (Prokofiev), Wikipedia Accessed 26 February 2021