Serenade No 1
Subtitle: For Ten Wind Instruments
This work bears the designation Opus 1.
1. Prelude – 1:37
2. Episode – 2:20
3. Song – 1:25
4. Interlude – 1:15
5. Dance - 1:50
B-flat Soprano Clarinet
C Trumpet I-II
Horn in F I-II
None discovered thus far.
Serenade No. 1 for Ten Wind Instruments is written for traditional woodwind quintet plus brass quintet instrumentation. It was premiered at an event for the alumni of Combs College in Philadelphia. Perischetti was only 14 at the time, and although his composition teacher helped him with the composition, it was not a part of his formal academic work. Split into five short movements, Persichetti debuts his unique compositional style of polytonality and unique treatment of rhythm and melody.
- Program Note from Ball State University Symphony Band concert program, 26 October 2018
- Audio CD: Drake University Wind Symphony (Robert Meunier, conductor) - 2003
None discovered thus far.
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- University of North Texas (Denton) Wind Studies Chamber Ensemble (Andrew Trachsel, conductor) - 19 November 2020
- University of Central Arkansas (Conway) Wind Ensemble (Cody Ford, conductor )- 17 November 2020
- University of North Texas (Denton) Wind Studies Chamber Winds (Andrew Trachsel, conductor) - 16 November 2020
- Texas Tech University (Lubbock) Symphonic Band (Daniel Lee, conductor) - 5 November 2020
- University of Minnesota (Minneapolis) Wind Ensemble (Preston Weber, conductor) - 10 October 2020
- Illinois State University (Normal) Symphonic Band (Marykate Kuhne, conductor) – 27 February 2020
- Philadelphia (Penn.) Wind Symphony Chamber Players (Michael W. Pettis, conductor) – 15 February 2020
- University of Cincinnati (Ohio) College-Conservatory of Music Chamber Winds (Kevin Michael Holzman, conductor) – 26 September 2019
- West Virginia University (Morgantown) Symphonic Band (Stephen Lytle, conductor) – 5 March 2019
- Ohio University (Athens) Wind Symphony (Slade Denham, conductor) – 4 November 2018
- Ball State University (Muncie, Ind.) Symphony Band (Stuart Ivey, conductor) – 26 October 2018
- University of Michigan (Ann Arbor) Concert Band (Courtney Snyder, conductor) – 4 October 2017
- University of Iowa Chamber Winds (Nolan Hauta, guest conductor) - 3 May 2017
- The Ohio State University Symphonic Band (Scott A. Jones, conductor) - 18 December 2014
- Indiana University (Bloomington) Wind Ensemble (Ryan Yahl, conductor) – 2 December 2016
- St. Stephen's Chamber Ensemble (Phoenix, Ariz.) (William A. Smith, conductor) – 2012
- Florida State University Summer Camp Honors Chamber Winds (Nikk Pilato, conductor) - 2 July 2008.
- Indiana Wind Symphony (Charles Conrad, conductor) - January 2007.
- Grossmont College Concert Band (Russell Sperling, conductor) - December 2007.
- The Crane Wind Ensemble (Brian K. Doyle, Conductor) - October 2008.
Works for Winds by this Composer
- Bagatelles for Band (1961)
- Celebrations (1966)
- Chorale Prelude: O God Unseen (1984)
- Chorale Prelude: So Pure the Star (1963)
- Chorale Prelude: Turn not Thy Face (1967)
- Divertimento for Band (1953)
- A Lincoln Address (1959/1974)
- Masquerade for Band (1965)
- O Cool Is the Valley (1971)
- O God Unseen. See: Chorale Prelude: O God Unseen
- Pageant (1953)
- Parable IX (1972)
- Psalm for Band (1953)
- Round Me Falls the Night
- Serenade for Band (1960)
- Serenade No 1 (1929/1963)
- Serenade No. 11. See: Serenade for Band
- Symphony for Band (1956)
- Persichetti, V. (1963). Serenade No. 1 for 10 Wind Instruments [score]. Elkan-Vogel Co.: Philadelphia, Penn.
- Vincent Persichetti at Presser Online