Selections from Walt Disney's "Mary Poppins"
Richard M. Sherman and Robert B. Sherman (arr. Irwin Kostal; ed. Alfred Reed)
Year: 1963 / 1964
Difficulty: (see Ratings for explanation)
Original Medium: Orchestra
Publisher: Hansen Educational Music
Cost: Score and Parts – Out of print.
For availability information, see Discussion tab, above.
E-flat Soprano Clarinet
B-flat Soprano Clarinet I-II-III
E-flat Alto Clarinet
B-flat Bass Clarinet
B-flat Contrabass Clarinet
E-flat Alto Saxophone I-II
B-flat Tenor Saxophone
E-flat Baritone Saxophone
B-flat Trumpet I-II-III
Horn in F and E-flat I-II-III-IV
- Bass Drum
- Coconut Shells
- Crash Cymbals
- Iron Plate
- Sandpaper Blocks
- Shoes on Salt
- Snare Drum
None discovered thus far.
P. L. Travers's legendary magical British nanny came delightfully to life in the 1964 Walt Disney film starring Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke. At least 17 original songs by Richard M. Sherman and Robert B. Sherman enhanced this musically rich movie, and their score won two Grammy Awards and two Academy Awards. In 2013, the film was selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant."
- Program Note adapted from Wikipedia
This medley includes the melodies A Spoonful of Sugar, I Love to Laugh, Sand Dance, Jolly 'Holiday, Step in Time, Chim Chim Cheree, Supercalifragilisticexpialidocius, Feed the Birds, Let's Go Fly a Kite, and The Derby.
(Needed - please join the WRP if you can help.)
None discovered thus far.
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- Illinois Valley Community College (Oglesby, Ill.) Wind Ensemble (Phil Whaley, conductor) - 9 December 2021
- Santa Monica (Calif.) High School Wind Ensemble (Terry Sakow, conductor) – 28 May 2014
Works for Winds by This Composer
- Bedknobs and Broomsticks: Highlights (with Robert Sherman; arr. Tatgenhorst) (1971)
- Chitty Chitty Bang Bang: Selections
- A Disney Super Time (arr. Christensen)
- The Happiest Millionaire (arr. Yoder)
- The Happiest Millionaire (arr. Brittain)
- Highlights from "Mary Poppins" (arr. O'Loughlin) (1963/2011)
- Highlights from Walt Disney's "Mary Poppins" (with Robert Sherman; arr. Reed) (1963/1965)
- It's a Small World (arr. Cofield) (1975)
- The Jungle Book: Colonel Hathi’s March (arr. Osterling) (1992)
- Let’s Go Fly a Kite (arr. Nowak) (1989)
- Mary Poppins (with Robert Sherman; arr. Kostal; ed. Reed) (1963/1965/2006)
- The Old Home Guard (arr. Edmondson) (1971)
- The One and Only, Genuine Original Family Band (arr. McLin) (1968)
- Selections from "Mary Poppins" (arr. Ricketts) (1963/2005)
- Selections from Walt Disney's "Mary Poppins" (with Robert Sherman; arr. Kostal; ed. Reed) (1963/1964)
- A Step in the Right Direction (arr. Edmondson) (1971)
- Walt Disney's "Mary Poppins" (arr. Kostal; ed. Reed) (1964)
- Mary Poppins (film), Wikipedia Accessed 25 September 2016
- Sherman, Richard; Sherman, Robert; Kostal, I.; Reed, A.; Walt Disney Pictures (1964). Walt Disney's Mary Poppins : For Concert Band [score]. Winderland Music Co.; Burbank, Calif.