Subtitle: Medley Including : Summer Night, Greased Lightnin', Beauty School Dropout, Born to Hand Jive, and We Go Together
B-flat Soprano Clarinet I-II-III
E-flat Alto Clarinet
B-flat Bass Clarinet
E-flat Alto Saxophone I-II
B-flat Tenor Saxophone
E-flat Baritone Saxophone
B-flat Trumpet I-II-III
Horn in F I-II-III-IV
Percussion I-II-III, including:
- Crash Cymbals
- Drum Set
- Suspended Cymbal
None discovered thus far.
From the hit Broadway musical and wildly popular movie, here is an energy-packed medley scored for symphonic band that includes: We Go Together; Summer Nights; Hand Jive; Beauty School Dropout and Greased Lightning.
- Program Note from publisher
Grease is a 1971 musical by Jim Jacobs and Warren Casey with additional songs written by John Farrar. Named after the 1950s United States working-class youth subculture known as greasers, the musical is set in 1959 at fictional Rydell High School and follows ten working-class teenagers as they navigate the complexities of peer pressure, politics, personal core values, and love. The score attempts to recreate the sounds of early rock and roll.
Grease was first performed in 1971 in the original Kingston Mines nightclub in Chicago. From there, it has been successful on both stage and screen, but the content has been diluted and its teenage characters have become less Chicago habitués and more generic. At the time that it closed in 1980, Grease's 3,388-performance run was the longest yet in Broadway history. It went on to become a West End hit, a successful feature film, two popular Broadway revivals in 1994 and 2007, and a staple of regional theatre, summer stock, community theatre, and high school and middle school drama groups.
- Program Note from Wikipedia
None discovered thus far.
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- Peninsula Concert Band (Newport News, Va.) (Ronnie Tong, conductor) - 29 May 2023
- Lodi (Calif.) Community Band (Art Holton, conductor) – 10 June 2017
- Encore Concert Band (Makena, Ill.) (Bill Schuetter, conductor) – 7 May 2017
- Troy (Mich.) High School Concert Band – 11 May 2016
Works for Winds by This Composer
- Born to Hand Jive (arr. Storlokken) (1971/2000)
- Selections from "Grease" (with Jacobs; arr. Ricketts) (1971/2004)
- Summer Nights (arr. Vinson) (1971/2007)
- Casey, W.; Jacobs, J.; Ricketts, T. (2004). Selections from Grease: A Medley Including Summer Night, Greased Lightnin', Beauty School Dropout, Born to Hand Jive, We Go Together [score]. Hal Leonard: Milwaukee, Wisc.
- Grease (musical), Wikipedia Accessed 12 May 2017
- Heritage Encyclopedia of Band Music. "Warren Casey." Accessed 12 May 2017