Subtitle: from "The Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom"
Year: 1910 / 1999
Duration: c. 10:35
Difficulty: IV+ (see Ratings for explanation)
Original Medium: Unaccompanied choir
Publisher: Grand Mesa Music
Cost: Score and Parts (print) - $72.00 | Score Only (print) - $10.00
(Needed - please join the WRP if you can help.)
None discovered thus far.
Five sections of Rachmaninoff's little known choral setting of the Russian Orthodox liturgical service are included in this powerful band arrangement.
- Program Note by publisher
Liturgy of St John Chrysostom, Op. 31 is a musical work by Sergei Rachmaninoff, one of his two major unaccompanied choral works (the other being his All-Night Vigil). The Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom is the primary worship service of the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Program Note from Wikipedia
None discovered thus far.
- North Carolina: IV
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- Syracuse (N.Y.) University Wind Ensemble (Tim Diem, conductor) – 1 October 2019
- University of Minnesota (Minneapolis) Symphonic Band (Tim Diem, conductor) – 17 February 2016
Works for Winds by this Composer
- Andante Cantabile (arr. Custer)
- Chimes of Moscow
- Concerto for Piano No. 2, Theme 3rd Mvt. (arr. Lang)
- Evocation of the Spirit (trans. Singleton) (2017)
- Glory and Honor (arr. Houseknecht)
- Hymn (arr. Grauer) (1915/2005)
- Italian Polka (arr. Leidzen) (1941)
- Italian Polka (arr. Lucas) (1938/2006)
- Piano Concerto No 2 in C minor (tr. Oaks) (1901/2007)
- Piano Concerto No. 2, Themes from (arr. Williams)
- Prelude in C minor
- Prelude in G minor (arr. Lake) (1901/1922)
- Prelude, Opus 3, No. 2 (arr. Longfield)
- Rachmaninoff Prelude (arr Cichy)
- Rachmaninoff Prelude (arr McGinty)
- Russian Liturgy (arr. Singleton) (1910/1999)
- Russian Polka
- Suite from “All-Night Vigil” (Vespers) (arr. Juchniewicz) (1915)
- Symphonic Dance Op 45 No 3 (arr. Satoh) (1940/1984)
- Symphonic Dances, Op 45, No. 3 (arr. Lavender) (1940/2015)
- Symphony No. 1 - Finale (arr. Hanna)
- Symphony No. 2: Adagio (arr. Hanna) (1907/2013)
- Theme from "Piano Concerto No 2" (arr. Bennett) (1901/1947)
- Three Vespers from "All-Night Vigil" (arr. Salzman) (1915/2008)
- Vespers, Opus 37, for Symphonic Winds (arr. Johnson) (1915/2011)
- Vocalise (arr. Hunsberger)
- Vocalise, Opus 34, No. 14 (arr Roszell)
- of St. John Chrysostom (Rachmaninoff), Wikipedia. Accessed 30 September 2019
- Rachmaninoff, S.; Singleton, K. (1999). Russian Liturgy : from "The Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom" [score]. Grand Mesa Music: Grand Junction; Colo.