Rossano Galante (b. 1967, Buffalo, NY) earned a degree in trumpet performance from the State University of New York at Buffalo in 1992. He then was accepted into the film scoring program at the University of Southern California and studied with film composer Jerry Goldsmith. Among Galante's film credits as composer or orchestrator include Big Fat Liar, Scary Movie 2, The Tuxedo, and Tuesdays With Morrie. Commissions for his music have come from the Amherst Chamber Orchestra, Hofstra University Symphonic Band, Nebraska Wind Symphony, Syracuse Symphony Youth Orchestra, and West Genesee High School Wind Ensemble.
Works for Winds
- Beyond the Horizon (1996)
- Crosslands (1994)
- Cry of the Last Unicorn (2010)
- Journey of the Sequoia
- Journey to the Lion's Castle (2008)
- Mt Everest
- Raise of the Sun
- Redemption (2011)
- Redwoods, The
- Resplendent Glory (2005)
- Transcendent Journey (2008)
- Rossano Galante - Official Website
- Galante, R. (2006) The Redwoods [score], Associated Music Publishers, Inc.: New York, NY.