Oscar Navarro (b. 1981, Novelda, Spain) is a Spanish composer.
Navarro began studying the clarinet at an early age. He received the bachelor's degree from the Conservatorio Superior Oscar Espla in Alicante, Spain.
Oscar is the recipient of many national and international music awards for composition, and his music is performed and commissioned by many orchestral and wind ensembles throughout the globe. Navarro combines his busy agenda composing with master classes and lectures. He has been invited to speak at several music festivals and universities, including Chapman University, California, 25th Film Symposium Jove in Valencia, Spain, CIFICOM (Sci-Fi Film Festival of Madrid), II Symposium of Wind Ensembles of Medellin, Colombia, Music Festival of the Symphony of Manizales, Colombia, and the University of Southern California.
Works for Winds
- Concerto for Oboe and Wind Band. See: Legacy
- Concerto for Clarinet (2006)
- Connection (2019)
- Downey Overture (2011)
- El Arca de Noé (2011)
- El Olimpo de los Dioses (tr. Alvarez and Navarro) (2015)
- The Fly (2013), from Bestiarium
- Font Negra (2015)
- The Gods of Olympus. See: El Olimpo de los Dioses
- Hell And Heaven (2019)
- Hispania (2013)
- II Concerto (2012)
- Jumper Clarinet (2009/2016)
- Latent Emotions (2016)
- Legacy (2015/2016)
- The Mountains of Switzerland (2018)
- The Musketeers (2019)
- Paconchita (2016/2022)
- Shanghai (2009)
- The 7 Trumpets of the Apocalypse
- Coleman, Randall O. "Shanghai – "Asian Overture for Wind Band"." In Teaching Music through Performance in Band. Volume 11, Compiled and edited by Richard Miles, 424-428. Chicago: GIA Publications, 2018.
- George, Matthew. "'The Fly." In Teaching Music through Performance in Band. Volume 11, Compiled and edited by Richard Miles, 837-843. Chicago: GIA Publications, 2018.
- Mills, Alan W. "Downey Overture." In Teaching Music through Performance in Band. Volume 10, Compiled and edited by Richard Miles, 734-742. Chicago: GIA Publications, 2015.
- Oscar Navarro website