Masanori Taruya (b. 1978, Choushi City, Chiba Prefecture, Japan) is a Japanese composer.
Taruya is a graduate of the Musashino Academic Musicae, where he studies composition under Hiroshi Sato and Yoshiki Miyamoto. Since gradating, he has worked as a wind band conductor and freelance composer. He is a lecturer and conductor at the Choushi City High School. He has written over twenty works for band/wind ensemble, frequently derived from historical events.
Works for Winds
- Archangel Raphael Who Leaves a House of Tobias (2008)
- The Bell of the Atri
- The Boat of the Moon of Orion which Illuminates a Night Sky
- A Golden Apple of Hesperides
- King Arthur and Three Maidens of a Lake
- Le Petit Prince
- Liberty Guiding the People
- Magellan’s Voyage to Unknown Continent (2005)
- The Minstrel Boy Variations (2011)
- A Mirror of Gerda
- Noah’s Ark
- Raising of Lazarus
- Stabat Mater Dolorosa
- Tom Tit Tot
- When the Saints Go Marching In
- Keck, Thomas. "Archangel Raphael Who Leaves a House of Tobias." In Teaching Music through Performance in Band. Volume 10, Compiled and edited by Richard Miles, 699-705. Chicago: GIA Publications, 2015.
- Masanori Taruya, Wikipedia Accessed 19 June 2018