1. When I Set Out for Lyonnesse – 2:05
2. Come Away, Come Away, Death – 1:55
3. Rollicum-Rorum – 1:45
B-flat Soprano Clarinet I-II-III
E-flat Alto Clarinet
B-flat Bass Clarinet
E-flat Alto Saxophone I-II
B-flat Tenor Saxophone
E-flat Baritone Saxophone
B-flat Trumpet I-II-III
Horn in F I-II
(percussion detail desired)
None discovered thus far.
One of the most popular 20th-century British composers, Gerald Finzi is particularly known for his marvelous works for voice. Influenced by Elgar and Vaughan Williams, his musical style is captivating and distinctive, and adapts beautifully in instrumental settings.
This attractive collection, an important addition to the wind band repertoire to set alongside the suites by Holst and Vaughan Williams, includes When I Set out for Lyonesse, Come Away, Come Away Death and Rollicum Rorum.
- Program Note from publisher
- Florida: IV
- Kansas: III
- Oregon: IV-A
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- Rowan University (Glassboro, N.J.) Symphonic Band (Joseph Higgins, conductor) – 27 February 2020
- Pomona (Calif.) College Band (Stephen Klein, conductor) - 17 November 2019
- North Coast Symphonic Band (Astoria, Ore.) (Michael McClure, conductor) – 7 April 2019
- VanderCook College of Music (Chicago, Ill.) Symphonic Band (Richard Miles, conductor) – 17 December 2010 (2010 Midwest Clinic)
Works for Winds by This Composer
- Five Bagatelles (arr. Kreines) (1943/)
- Lyric Suite (arr. Moss) (2010)
- Rollicum-Rorum (arr. N. Richardson)
- Finzi, G.; Moss, J. (2010). Lyric Suite [score]. Boosey & Hawkes: Milwaukee, Wisc.
- Heritage Encyclopedia of Band Music. "Gerald Finzi." Accessed 23 April 2020
- Perusal score