Kung Fu Panda
Subtitle: Selections for Wind Band
B-flat Soprano Clarinet I-II-III
B-flat Bass Clarinet
E-flat Alto Saxophone I-II
B-flat Tenor Saxophone I-II
E-flat Baritone Saxophone
B-flat Trumpet I-II-III
Horn in F I-II-III
(percussion detail desired)
None discovered thus far.
Kung Fu Panda Selections is an arrangement of the music of Hans Zimmer and John Powell from the first two installments of the Kung Fu Panda franchise. The arrangement starts at the very beginning of the main character Po's journey, and continues to the end of the second movie with the music from the final confrontation. It consists of the movies many iconic themes, including Oogway Ascends and Hero.
- Program Note by publisher
Kung Fu Panda is a media franchise by DreamWorks Animation, consisting of three films: Kung Fu Panda (2008), Kung Fu Panda 2 (2011) and Kung Fu Panda 3 (2016).
The first film is set in a version of ancient China populated by anthropomorphic talking animals and revolves around a bumbling panda named Po, a kung fu enthusiast. When an evil kung fu warrior named Tai Lung is foretold to escape from prison, Po is unwittingly named the "Dragon Warrior", that was destined to defeat him.
In the second film, Po and the Furious Five battle an evil white peacock ruler named Lord Shen who has a powerful weapon that he plans to use to conquer China. Meanwhile, Po discovers a terrifying secret about his past, and discovers that Shen may have something to do with it.
- Program Note from Wikipedia
None discovered thus far.
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- l'orchestre d'harmonie de Megève (France) – Spring 2017
Works for Winds by these Composer
- Chicken Run: Main Titles (with Gregson-Williams; arr. Murtha)
- Romantic Flight from "How to Train Your Dragon''
- How to Train Your Dragon (arr. O'Loughlin) (2010)
- How to Train Your Dragon (arr. van Grevenbroek) (2010/2017)
- Kung Fu Panda (with Zimmer; arr. Hjortenhammar) (2008-11/2016)
- Selections from "Save El Dorado"
- "Shrek" Soundtrack Highlights (arr. Moss) (2001)
- Story of Mumble Happy Feet, The (arr. Bullock) (2007)
- Symphonic Suite from Rio (arr. Rozendom) (2011/2014)
- The Dark Knight Suite (arr. Lopez) (2008)
- Gladiator, Highlights (arr. Murtha)
- The Gladiators (with Pozsa; arr. Phillippe) (1959/2000/2001)
- Hans Zimmer: Movie Milestones (arr. Brown) (2017)
- Kung Fu Panda (with Powell; arr. Hjortenhammar) (2008-11/2016)
- Pearl Harbor Soundtrack Highlights (arr. Bocook) (2006)
- Pirates of the Caribbean (arr. Morita)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (arr. Bocook) (2007)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (arr. Bocook) (2006)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (arr. Ricketts) (2006)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (arr. Brown)
- The Prince of Egypt (with Schwartz; arr. Bocook) (1998/1999)
- Roll Tide
- Selections from "The Lion King" (with Elton John; arr. Lavender) (1994)
- Suite from "Man of Steel" (arr. Ford) (2014)
- You're So Cool (arr. Chantry)